We come from the land of ice and snow...

If you live anywhere from Utah to the east coast, then I'm sure you got hit by this horrible winter storm. It started around 3:30 this morning and didn't stop until, well... it's still sleeting now. I knew at 4 this morning that I wouldn't be going to work. By the time we went to bed the ground was already almost completely froze over. I know, fun!

Luckily, I had asked my aunt the night before if she would call work for me around 9 AM. Call me lazy, but I really didn't want to get up at 9, call work and talk to them for 10 minutes, then try to go back to sleep, cause I know I wouldn't have been able to. When I woke up just before 1, I called and asked if she called, which she did.

So no work for me today! It's probably best, considering I feel like a work mule today that's been going 24 hours non-stop. We were short handed at work yesterday, so we all had to pick up the slack. It was especially fun when I was in grill ALL by myself for over an hour. Yeah, good times.

I've tried to make myself as productive as possible today, which was a daunting task. What I needed to do was: change the cage sets, change the pouches, trim the gliders' nails, vacuum the glider room, change the litter box, cut Taylor's last set, SEW Taylor's cage sets, sew Kyan's cage set, and probably a couple other things.

Now, what I actually managed to accomplish: changed the pouches, changed the cage sets, fed all the gliders worms and yoggies (with help from LaVaughn), change the litter box, and... that's all. I know, I suck. I really, really wanted to get more done, but by the time we got done feeding all the gliders treats and changing the cage sets, I was pooped. It takes quite a while to change out all the cage sets, especially when certain gliders just will not leave you alone. I'm not naming names, but hint, hint; Logan, Kira, and Seamus!!

I was tempted to take pictures of all the gliders during treat time, but decided against it. I did get a couple pictures of Charli, Violet, and Margie. I honestly can't believe how big Charli and Violet are getting! The fact that they have joeys is so surreal. I never thought that we would experience joeys from Kira and Sadie having joeys of their own. I'm so excited to see what they look like. :)

Before I go, I have to talk about our knives that came in the mail yesterday. LaVaughn got her Karambit and I got my speedster? I honestly have no idea what they're called, it's basically just a glorified pocket knife in a way. Anyways, they're awesome and I cannot wait to get more! What's that little saying I do desperately love? Between love and madness lies... obsession!

I think I may try to get some more of that to-do list done. It's still early, so lets hope for the best. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Some of the icy-ness we acquired:




Miss Violet, proudly showing off her baby bumps:








Charli, proudly showing off hers:



Yes, Tyler is here as well. :)


The adorable little Margie:











And lastly, the chubby duo - Logan and Seamus:




No comments: