Rise of the Mocistic!

Three cage sets down, one to go. I don't know why we're deferring our actions from sewing lately. It seems like every time we have to, or need to sew, we stall. I remember one week back in November we sewed every single day and popped out like 8 cage sets. What happened to days like that?

It's the weather, it has to be. There's just something so somber about winter days. 

Trimming the gliders nails did cut into our sewing time some. It takes a long time to trim 182 little nails, not to mention, take an updated photo of everyone. I refrained from taking 5-10 photos of everyone and kept it at one good face shot. We needed to take some additional pictures of Boone anyways, so it worked out.

"Why did you have to take extra pictures of Boone?"

Well, I'm glad you asked! Boone's breeder, Annette, contacted us a couple days ago and asked for pictures of Xander and pictures of Boone. She and someone else we're trying to figure out how he could produce a mo. I just figured he was a leu/mo (mocistic in the glider world) and left it at that. Annette things he may be a white mo 100% leu het instead. 

Personally, I think he's a leu/mo or... mocistic. I didn't think anything about it, considering there are creme mos, plat mos, and apparently... albino mos. That one I don't get. Apparently a certain breeder recently produced said albino mo. I'm not even going to go there. 

Then Annette pointed out that he had a couple shaded whiskers, which LaVaughn and I both found. It's common for leus to have shading on their ears from time to time, so we were thinking, could they have tinted whiskers as well? It's all a matter of facts at the moment. We know Boone (who is paired with a plat) will only have plats, leus, and plat mos if he is, in fact, a leu.

Now we just have to wait until they pop out a couple more babies and see what they have.

Okay, enough glider talk. When I woke up today around 1ish, it was sleeting so hard! Like coming down in sheets of ice hard! The ground was covered in about 2 inches of snow, and slowing being covered by an inch of ice. I guess it's a good thing I asked off for today (for an appointment, which ended up be canceled anyways). Apparently we're supposed to get more snow by the end of the week. I guess I can kiss this weeks check goodbye.

I'm so tired of writing now... and hungry. I think it's time to feed myself, then feed the gliders. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Now time for a sugar glider photo update!

Logan


Seamus


Margie


Kira


Pip


Sadie


Chloe


Pax


Xander


Boone


Violet


Cas


Tyler


Charli


And now for some random pictures of snow birds:






No comments: