When the lights go out...

For some reason, we lost power around 2 AM. This is like prime movie watching time for LaVaughn and myself, so you can imagine how it put a damper on our night. I called the electric company just after 3 and reported the outage. That's when she began to tell me that there was some type of problem in their Annapolis hub, or something like that.

Around 3:30ish, Sadie, Chloe, and Boone all began taking turns barking. We went in the glider room to make sure everyone was okay and try to calm them with treats, but they weren't having it. They were all so spazzy, especially Chloe! She was jumping all over the place and all bug-eyed.

They barked off and on -- mostly on -- until around 5 AM, just when we were getting ready for bed. That's when everyone kicked their barking into full gear and basically started screaming. This was switching from Chloe, Boone, Charli, sometimes Tyler, and Sadie. I honestly have NO idea what was wrong with them. LaVaughn and I both had to put ear plugs in before we could sleep. I burrowed them as deep as they would go and, luckily, it blocked out everything.

The electricity came on sometime this morning, because I woke up at one point to the hum of the fan. I pulled one of my ear plugs out and went back to sleep. I ended up waking up 12:30 and getting on up, even though I desperately wanted to sleep in a while longer. I hate when I get up early (yes, that's early to me) on the days I don't have to work.

My weekend was so exhausting. I've ended up having to stay over on both shifts, which is normal for the fast pace months. I was so dead Saturday night when I got home, pretty much the same last night, except my shift was 2 hours shorter yesterday.

I've been out in the back window, or 'The Hole' as they like to call it, for the past 3 days I've worked. I actually don't have anything bad to say about it. It's quieter back there, you don't have to deal with customers as much as you do upfront, and I'm alone! I love the fact that I'm not bothered as much back there.

In music new... I finally made the plunge and bought a violin! I actually found the one I wanted with all the same accessories for $7 cheaper. I know it's not a huge savings, but it's $7! Considering there's no mail today, it wont be shipped out until tomorrow. Probably not received until next week, or at leas on a day that I'm working and can't touch it. I'm so excited to finally start playing!

I contacted a violin teacher and music school about possibly lessons. The lady I found gives private lessons for $25/30 minutes. Not too shabby. The music school I found, where the same lady originally worked at, gives lessons for $21/30 minutes. These are both great prices, but they're all the way up in Saint Louis! I would have to spend $20-$30 in gas every time I went, plus the $20 for the lessons, so you may as well say $50 lessons.

Believe it or not, there is a downside to living in the boonies.

My poor aunt has to have surgery on her hand tomorrow, in Cape Girardeau of all places. LaVaughn and I are going to take her, because she can't very well drive home with a bum hand on her own. She has to be there at like 10:30, so that's going to make us have to leave at... 8 AM!

I do not do well with mornings. The mere thought of having to go to bed early sends my anxiety into overdrive. It's not so much the going to bed part, it's the being able to fall asleep part. If I have a night when it takes me a while to fall asleep, I get anxious. I know, I'm a weirdo.

I'm afraid that's what's going to happen tomorrow. I'm just going to try and got to bed around 3 AM and hope for the best. I'll be dragging my ass all day tomorrow, but a few hours sleep is better than none. Just keep your fingers crossed for me... or shoot me a xanex.

LaVaughn and I actually have new sewing to do today, if you can believe that! We got all of our paid orders done Friday and sent out Saturday. We have Kyan's set that we still have to sew, but he hasn't paid yet, so there's no rush there. We still need to start on Taylor's stuff, but hopefully that can all be done later this week.

Oh, I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not, but our mealies came Friday! We didn't really get around to feeding everyone any, we ended up going out to eat with our aunt. Then, of course, I had to work the next two days. Hopefully we'll get around to worm snacks today.

And on that note, I believe I'm going to call it a day. I need to go outside and enjoy a little bit of the warm air. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are some random pictures from the past few days:

Our mealies! I LOVE how they came packaged!

A fleece/cotton cage set we made for someone.

Another cage set we made for someone. I LOVE this fleece. Good choice, Kyan.
(not Kyan's set, btw)

A creepy full moon behind the weeping willow tree.

A crane LaVaughn photographed.

Our demon goose.

Our other demon goose.

No comments: