Running on empty...

Omg, I can't believe I'm alive at this time of the morning! LaVaughn and I swallowed our pride last night and went to bed at 1! That's 1 in the AM! I didn't fall asleep until well after 1:30, but that comes as no surprise. It also came as no surprise that we both got up a 5:30. It didn't help that I was sleeping on an over sized chair - talk about killer neck pain! LaVaughn was nice and cozy on the couch, but she did offer it up to me, which I politely declined.

In a few short minutes, we'll be on our way to Cape Girardeau. A shady, semi-big city that's 2 hours away.

We're going to be so dead by the time we get home tonight. Like, pick me up and carry me to bed type of dead. Ugh, I hate early morning rhymes. We both made a pact to stay up until 3 AM, so fingers crossed! We're going to need lots and lots of caffeine throughout the day and the rest of the night.

On a brighter note, we made the rats some awesome toys last night! It's nothing special, just a few treat boxes and some tunnels. We made them out of some of our old International Flat Rate envelopes, which weren't even remotely being used. We're going to give their cage a nice, deep cleaning tonight (or tomorrow) and add all their toys. I hope they enjoy all the hard work we put into it.

I also managed to get some pictures of some of the chickens and cat army last night, just because. The weather was nice enough to allow us outside, so I took advantage. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to more days like this, or if I'm going to despise them and beg for more snow. We shall see.

Well, I suppose I better wrap this up. I'm starting to get a little sickly from my pop-tart and 2 1/2 cups of coffee. I also need to throw some eyeliner on my eyes to I don't look too much like a skank. Wish us luck on our drive there and a speedy recovery for our aunt after her surgery! Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Pictures of the yard fowl:






The army of cats:










More yard fowl:









And lastly, some homemade rat toys:







No comments: