Hot town, summer in the city...

So I didn't have to work yesterday -- yay me! -- for some odd reason. Not that I'm complaining, it's like an inferno in that place! I kid you not, it's barely 10 degrees cooler inside than it is outside. How is that not abuse in the workplace? They will NOT fix the damn AC and I consider it cruelty.

Anyways, back to what I was originally going to say! I didn't have to work yesterday and ended up going to church with LaVaughn and my aunt. I haven't been to a baptist church in YEARS! I went to the same church that we used to go to, the one at the end of our road. I have to say, literally nothing has changed in the years I've been absent. A couple people have passed away, which deeply saddens me, but the rest is basically the same.

Our neighbor that lives up the road from us was there yesterday. I heard him ask my aunt if she had a good camera, she so much as cut him off and shouted, "Megan does, she has a real good camera!" I was thinking the entire time, "Woman, what in the hell are you getting me into?!"

Apparently he bought nearly $300 worth of outdoor paint and had his entire deck painted. It's supposed to have a 20 year warranty and is chipping in less than a month of it being applied. He was wanting someone to take pictures of the chips and have them sent to Lowe's. So that's what I did today.

I got to his house just after one, took pictures of the receipt, the paint can, and the chips -- which were actually all over his deck. He asked if I wanted him to call the store, which I did. I was hoping that they would have an email account that I could send the pictures to, as opposed to have them printed and either mailed, or taken in . Luckily they did have an email for the store, but we'll get to that later.

He attempted to call the store -- this man is 86, mind you -- but the person he was talking to was unable to hear/understand him. That's when I offered to call, which I did. Long story short, I talked to the paint department manager and was able to get all the pictures sent to him. I'm currently waiting on a confirmation email from him.

I think I almost had a heat stroke outside on his deck. This is a BIG wraparound deck that has absolutely no roof, no awning, no nothing! And it was midday, so the sun was basically at it's highest peak and beaming down like a laser beam burning into my soul.

I'm impatiently waiting on the email as I write this, all the while trying to cool down from the 100 degree weather outside. I think I need to go for a swim, that sounds like fun.

Love & Peace

-Megan




And now some really adorable pictures of the cats and Milla from Saturday night:



Milla politely begging for chicken.


She's like, "Hey, give it!"




Just because Una needs to be included.

Zoe would live and breath chicken if she could.

I can has chicken?


No comments: