Sad, but happy day...

As I'm sure you remember from a few posts back, an adorable little dog had been dropped off at our house Over the weekend. Well, I put an ad up on Craigslist and explained her condition so that people would know what they were getting into. Well, I got a call last night and 3 or 4 emails asking about her. A couple people said they were interested, but would get back with me. When I get up today, I had an email from a lady saying that she looked so much like a dog of hers that just passed and asked if she could come by later this evening. Of course I told her yes.

After that, LaVaughn and I decided to do some more de-ticking and give her another bath. The magnitude of ticks on this tiny dog was unbelievable! I swear, I think we picked off more that 50, if not more! After that hour long process, we had to give her a bath. Since it was warm out, we just decided to do it outside. After we were done and she dried a but, she looked like a completely different dog.

After that, we both took showers and then had some sewing to do. We really only had to sew one set for someone, then we had to cut. And when I say cut, I mean cut! We cut 5 or 6 cage sets, so we were on a massive roll.

Then around 6:30, the people that wanted to look at the dog showed up. Talk about nervous! They got out and automatically fell in love. They held the dog, rubbed on her and their teenage son even ran all over the yard playing with her. While they were here, they also noticed that we had kittens. The son went over first and held a couple, then the dad went over and held a couple. Apparently the boy loved cats and asked his mom if he could have one. Long story short, she said yes and her son took Ava and the dad too Mya. It was sad, but they seemed like really good people that would be great to them.

Well, I suppose that's all for now. Time to go cry, lol. Until net time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: Satisfaction by The Stones

Here are the pics: 

This, my friend, is a bucket full of ticks. You may have to look at the larger version to see them.

Look at that coat!

Doesn't see look better?

She'll need a couple more washes to finish her off.

Apparently she's tracking something.

Little fat Fletcher. Now that's a contradiction, lol.

Her favorite part of the yard.

I guess the grass is better here.

Just look at that cute face! And look at fat Susan to the right. And yes, she's pregnant. *eye roll*

Just look at her adorable face!

I'm not big on small dogs, but this one is a winner.

I believe she's some kind of terrier mix. Maybe a cairn terrier mix?

Whatever mix she is, she's cute!

This kittens were out sin bathing in their play pin.

Beats being indoors all day, even if they have to be caged up.

Look at all of those kitten heads!

Here's the set we had to sew up today. Breast cancer awareness is never a bad thing.

Here's 2 sets and one partial that we cut.

This is everything together I believe. Lots and lots of sugar glider cage sets!

And this is LaVaughn's arm. Her vein blew at the hospital and caused some bruising. It actually looks worse.

No comments: