When the lights go down in the city...


Today started off really well. I was playing a game and minding my own business when a tornado decided to just pop out of nowhere! Well, it was really a tornado, but it sounded like it! It was raining and thundering and then all of a sudden... poof! There went the lights. It's like as soon as the electricity goes off, this overwhelming feeling of boredom sets in . I continued to game on my computer until the battery died, which was just a little over an hour later. That's when the books came out and the door opened.

It was around 6 in the evening, so we were both kind of hungry. We decided to get the left over pizza out of the fridge and eat that. It was beyond cold, so we decided to warm it up with a lighter. Word of advice... pizza does NOT taste good with butane on it.

After that, LaVaughn and I sat and read every short story out of this cool book called, Phantom Encounters. After that, I recited a little Edgar Allan Poe's - The Raven! After that I finished with a few paragraphs of The Murders of Rue Morgue. While I was in the middle of that... poof! The electricity was back on. Definitely not the way I wanted to spend my evening, but at least the electricity wasn't off for too long...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Photos:

 See the darkness? Well, it was way worse.

Ah, the sun is shining...

Phantom Encounters!

And lets not forget the Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe.

No comments: