Insert blog title here...

I am seriously so sick of trying to think of blog titles. I know I've complained about this before, but it's just so hard sometimes! And I hate using the same title more than once, that drives me crazy!

Anyways, the main reason I wanted to blog today was because I needed to fill you all in on what's going on with Hadley! You remember the chick that was planing on getting her, the one that already paid for her? Well she's not getting her anymore! She messaged a couple days ago and started asking questions about her lineage, which she didn't approve of. First, let me explain that...

Pip has a full lineage, it's Sadie's that is spotty. Sadie had a full lineage when we first paired her with Pip. Then after a while, Annette and the guy that added Sadie's dad's lineage removed it when he and Annette got into an argument. This was a BIG deal on Facebook for a while, then it simmered down. Sadie does have lineage, it's just not there anymore, which really sucks on our end. It doesn't matter now that Pip's neutered, but it did knock Hadley out of a home. :(

Athena (the chick that was getting Hadley) said she really hated doing it, but she just didn't want to add bad lineaged gliders to her breeding pairs and wanted to spend the money on a different glider. So now, we have to wait on our Paypal check to come in the mail and then send it right back, lol.

I'm not overly upset about it though, I don't want Hadley going to someone that doesn't want her.

After all this happened, I was telling Kelsey - the chick that was getting Charli and Avon - and she said she would love to take Hadley! Kelsey has had no intentions of breeding from the very beginning, so lineage isn't a problem. She also said she would take Sadie and Pip's next joey, no matter what it was. So now that Pip is neutered, Hadley will just stay with her parents until her younger sibling is OOP and weaned, then they will go to Kelsey.

In other news... We got a new turkey!! She's a beautiful all white turkey that has the most gorgeous eyes! And the kicker... she's friendly! This chick that my aunt got her from hand raised her, so she's actually not scared of people! I'm not sure what breed she is, at first I was think a Broad Breasted White (BBW, lol), but she doesn't really look like one. I'll have to ask my aunt. We also haven't though of a name for her yet. We shall see!

Well, I suppose that's all for now, until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here's our new turkey!


See how big she is? And she's only 3 months old!!

She also has a beautiful face. :)

Harley the duck. He's looking much better!

Mr. Tom Friendly

Harley and Lilith.

Harley and Lilith again. I think they're a couple. ;)

Some of our White Leghorns.

Lilith

Fresh eggs!

Sleepy Zoe.

And now for some Una selfies:






No comments: