The cat and the hopper...

I spent a lot of one-on-one time with my boy, Bart, this evening. He's such a loving, sweet cat. I feel so terrible for not spending more time with him on a daily basis. I just rarely ever spend THAT much time outside -- it's kind of a get your stuff done and go back inside mindset when I'm outdoors. We all know I'm a vampire at heart.

Anyways! I had originally gone out to take pictures, like I normally do. Bart followed me all along the fence line, like he always does, so I stopped to admire his beauty and to capture a gorgeous picture of him looking out at the lake.

Not sure if I've mentioned it or not, but the neighbors across the lake have a Pitt Bull that likes to venture down to our house -- like in our yard, eating the dog and cat food. He's a friendly dog, but it's frustrating. Especially when our dog, Milla, is so territorial. Well the dog was up at the lake and Bart spotted him. He locked on and didn't move for a good 5 minutes. He got extremely spooked, which made for fantastic pictures!

I got down on one knee and got a couple, it wasn't 30 seconds later that he noticed how close to the ground I was, then he pounced on me as if I had a field mouse in my lap. I ended up setting all the way down on the ground, eventually lying on the ground -- I was planing on showering, so it wasn't a big deal. He sat on me and kneaded for the longest time. He has terribly sharp talons, so I could only tolerate so much. I did get some fantastic pictures (and video) in the process, so my battle wounds were well worth it.

Before all of this took place, I spotted a grasshopper and took well over 30 pictures of him, just to assure myself I got the perfect one! My 50 mm lens doesn't work well for closeups, but I made due. I've said all along, I NEED a macro lens. It's unfortunate that I'm not rich, oh well.

That concludes my exhilarating Friday night. It's back to playing The Sims for a little while longer, then on to Mad Max. I need to enjoy my evening, after all, I do have to work tomorrow. ;)

Love & Peace

-Megan

Of course I took pictures of other random things, like leaves:



This is the Pitt Bull that scours the area. He's super cute -- he's also pretty sweet.

Grasshopper photography:







Now for my main man, Bart:

I adore this picture! It's my new header on Facebook. :)



He's so locked on.


He has such intent!





These are where he was sitting on my lap, kneading:

Very focused on the task at hand.

Yet locked onto the dog.



He's just to die for.

This is probably my favorite.

No comments: