Horror movie remakes soon to come...

I don't really have any pictures to share today, or even a good story for that matter. So I thought I would share a list of up and coming horror remakes that I want to see. And they are as followed:

Rosemary's Baby

This was announced back in 2008 that Platinum Dunes was going to be picking this one up. They had actresses like Jessica Alba and Lindsay Lohan lined up to play the lead. However, in December of that same year, the remake was called off. But who's to say they wont pick it up again?

Fright Night

It was announced in 2009 that DeamWorks had decided to remake this ever so awesome vampire flick. Then in March of this year, Craig Gillespie was attached as the director. This movie already has people such as: Collin Ferrel, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Anton Yelchen and Imogen Poots as the stars. I can already tell, it's going to be a good. one.

The Gate

Since this movie was filmed on such a low budget, it's 2011 release will probably be direct to DVD. But that doesn't mean it's going to be bad. With a director like Alex Winter (Bill from the Bill & Ted movies), how could you go wrong. I may speak for a lot of people, or I may speak for myself, but I know I'll be in line when this bad boy comes out.

The Howling: Reborn (aka; The Howling)

It was announced back in 2009 that this would be released by Halloween of 2010. Well, we all know that didn't happen, so an estimated Halloween of 2011 sounds a little more reasonable. So you can expect a director like Joe Nimziki (practically unknown) and more youthful cast then the original.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

It was said back in 2007 that Twisted Pictures (of the Saw franchise) was going to pick this one up. However, that's pretty much all that's been said. So I would think we could expect a 2012 or 2013 release of this bad boy.

It

Back in 2009 is was reported that there was going to be a remake. Since then, there has been little to nothing said about the 1990's hit. Hopefully Warner Brothers gets on the ball.

Monster Squad

It was reported in March of this year that Platinum Dunes was going to pick this one up. And Rob Cohen was set to direct. However, like so many of the above, there hasn't been much else said about it.

Pet Sematary

There was a lot of talk about this remake back in 2009. Nothing else was really said. Then in March of this year, Matthew Greenburg was set to re-write the script. So I guess that means we can't expect anything sooner than a 2012 release.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

To me, this movie is untouchable. They will NEVER find another Tim Curry! Sorry, had to vent. It was announced back in 2008 by MTV Films that there was going to be a remake. It was said that there was going to be a 2009 Halloween release. However, production was kind of at a stand still and didn't go forward. That doesn't mean that there's not going to be a remake, cause there is, but we can expect more of a 2012 release.

An American Werewolf in London

This was announced back in 2009 that there was going to be a remake. However, now directors or producers have been attached to the film since. So I guess we'll find out more in the future.

The Blob

Normally, this wouldn't be on my list. Not saying I didn't like the original, cause I did. It was when I heard that one of my ALL time favorite directors, Rob Zombie, was attached. I thought I was going to die! But since then, there has been little said about this movie. So if it does happen, I think we can look for a late 2011 or an early 2012.

The Evil Dead

It's been said that the original director, Sam Raimi, and the ever so awesome, Bruce Campbell, will both produce this movie. Same Raimi is also set to rewrite the script. There has been nothing else said about this, so we should expect a 2012 or 2013 release.

And of course, I've saved the best for last:

Don't Look in the Basement

LaVaughn and myself have said for YEARS that this would be the horror movie to remake. You can ask anyone that knows us. I recently found out that this movie had not one, but two directors attached as well as a full cast of unknowns. Except for, Caroline Williams. Who I'm sure you all remember as Stretch from Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. I'm beyond stoked for this movie's 2011 release!

Well kiddies, I think that concludes my list of up and coming horror movies... for now anyways. Until next time, you know where to find me...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: Dragula by Rob Zombie

No comments: