A not so Good Friday for the people of St. Louis...

Yesterday was host to many events. The main one being Lambert International Airport being practically torn apart by a tornado that ripped through St. Louis last night. Several other towns and neighborhoods also suffered mass amounts of damage from the same and even separate storm cells. Luckily, the people of Southern Missouri, where I live, weren't hit that hard and only had some minor flooding. And I feel blessed that we didn't even have any flooding.

I'm not exactly sure, but I think only a handful of people were hurt by the storms last night and were treated shortly there after. As far as I know, there have been no confirmed deaths. Some of the towns in and around St. Louis county have some long and hard days ahead of them with clean-up or trying to rebuild what the storm took from them. I'm sure they could use as much help as possible, as far as donations and volunteering go. Believe me, if I lived closer, I would.

Until next time, you know where to find me...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: With A Little Help From My Friends by Joe Cocker

Here are some pictures of the damage:
Photo credits: Jeff Roberson














No comments: