Dead Island... can you handle it?

It was brought to my attention not too long ago that Techland (Call of Juarez) was developing a game by the name of, Dead Island. It's second nature for me to automatically want to know more about a game that has the word "dead" in it or seems like it may be zombie related. So I didn't think twice about looking into it. Dead Island is going to be similar to the ever so awesome, Left 4 Dead games. It's a first person game and can have up to four players. And like L4D again, it's main form of combat is with melee weapons. But Dead Island does have something that L4D doesn't, customizable weaponry. I know, I'm stoked too! And if you're lucky enough to own an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3, then you're golden. There hasn't been any talk of it being released on Wii or Playstation 2 yet, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Oh yeah, it's going to be published by Deep Silver.

The game is set in Papua New Guinea at the Royal Palms resort in a fictional town called, Banoi. Apparently, whichever character you choose wakes up after a drunken night on the town to full fledged zombie apocalypse. The characters you get to choose from are: Xian Mei (Royal Palms staff member), Logan (a surfer), Sam B (ex rapper) and Purna (unknown background).

Now I don't know about you, but I'm definitely going to be first in line when this bad boy hits stores later this year. I can already feel my heart start to pound at the thought of blood gushing, zombie bashing, head splitting fun of playing this game. Light up the darkness... now who's with me!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: Shoot To Thrill by AC/DC

Ready to wet yourself? Here's the latest trailer for Dead Island:


Pure creative genius! I love this trailer so much, it makes me want to cry. No joke. It's seriously one of the best game trailers of its time. If for some odd reason that wasn't enough, maybe these stills will help you along the way:









Let me check... yup, I'm wet!

No comments: