Back to the future...

Yeah, that title made little to no sense. I just needed a title with the word "back" in it. I believe I've already used "Back in black" and "Back with a vengeance", so that works for now.

As I'm sure you all know, I took a semi long break from blogging for a while due to the tragedy that happened last week. It was a very sad and very, very stressful event. I'm still not over it completely, but things are easier now. If I think of it too long, it makes me want to cry.

Okay, lets not go there!

I worked from Thurs to Monday and I worked hard! Of course, they were short and had to keep me over 3 out of 5 days. Last night was the worst. First, I had to close the lobby (clean bathrooms, break the front down, sweep and mop the ENTIRE lobby!). I swear, that is my LEAST favorite thing to do! I was supposed to be off at 10, but knew that wouldn't happen when I knew I had to close the lobby. After I got done with that, I asked if I could go and was told that I could.

Well, that didn't happen. Just as I was getting ready to clock out, the lobby filled up with like 8 people! And considering it was just me and Melissa up front, I knew I couldn't leave. By the time they all left, it was 20 til 11 and Melissa was swamped at the window. Well then I had to help with all the drinks at the window. It was 5 til 11 before I got out of there, so it was 11:30 before I got home.

I was in that damn store for 9 1/2 hours!!!

I have the next 5 days off which makes up for most of it. I'm SO looking forward to the time off.

Harley, our injured Ancona duck, seems to be making some improvements. He was so, so bad the first couple days, I honestly didn't think he would make it. He has a huge chunk of missing flesh on the top of his head. He also has two puncture wounds on the back of his neck, a nasty spot on the side of his neck, and another puncture would close to his left eye. He really got roughed up!

We've been keeping Vetericyn caked on him. We give him daily baths for at least 30 minutes to an hour, then let him play around in the floor for a while. You can tell that his neck is beyond sore. He can's stretch it out and can't lean down. We have to keep his food and water elevated. Like I said, he seems to be doing better today, which is awesome!

Time for a little glider update...

First, we've decided to put off going to Arkansas for a while. We just can't spare the $300 that we'd need to get down there and back right now. I wrote Annette back last night and broke the news to her. Haven't heard back yet, but I'm sure she's bummed. Probably not as much as us, though. We're going to see if our uncle can pick our boys up, hopefully she'll go for it.

I don't know that I've mentioned it or not, but Hadley has found her forever home with a lady all the way over in Arizona! She's a super nice girl and really seems to love gliders. Her name is Athena and she owns Glider Trendz.

We ended up getting 4 Pillow Pouches from her and they are AWESOME! They're so fluffy and so soft. They're seriously almost too pretty to put the gliders in, lol. They're in for it tomorrow. They're getting carried around ALL day!

In joey news... Kira and Sadie BOTH have a joey IP! I figured Kira would have joeys IP, but Sadie is what really shocked me! She usually only has joeys in the springtime and winter. Guess she's mixing it up a little.

Simba and Nala (hate those names) are still with us. Part of me things the chick that wants them is wanting to back out and just trying to avoid it. I wish she would just say either way instead of putting it off for months. She's apparently not planing on picking them up until the end of the summer!!

I honestly think that sums up the past week.

Omg, LaVaughn and I went swimming a little bit ago, but didn't get to stay long due to the fact that there were people hiding in the woods!! Well, they weren't really hiding, but they were parked on the other side of the road camping. And there were two guys in a truck parked next to us.

That wasn't even the bad part. First, a dude walked over to the bridge -- one of the guys from the truck - and asked if the water was cold and deep. We politely answered, then he went on his way. Well after we got done swimming, we went down the water a ways, changed and went back to the car.

Just as we were pulling out, the guy that walked down on the bridge was flagging us down. He darted up to the car and asked if we had any extra gas we could spare. Of course, we said no. He then ran back to his truck and talked to the other guy that was in there. After he got done, he walked back up to the window and said "thanks anyways".

Here's when it gets creepy...

Just as he started to walk away, he quickly turned around and was like, "Are either of you girls single?" As astonished as I was, I managed to say no as quickly as I could. Then he was like, "Ya'll probably aren't old enough anyway. How old are you, 18?" I then added, "Nope, 19." He started backing up, grunted a little and then added, "Well I'd really like to have one of your numbers!" I kind of laugh/smiled and drove off.

What the hell, man!?!? It's not like this guy looked like a Hemsworth, he looked like a 40 year old rock band reject that had some type of drug addiction and an STD or two. It completely ruined my day and creeped me out. I mean, really!? He was that desperate? I was so freaking happy to get home. I think it's safe to say we wont be going swimming for a while. *sigh*

Okay, I believe I need to leave it at that.

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are our AWESOME Pillow Pouches from Glider Trendz:

These are LaVaughn's.

And these are mine.

Here are some pictures from the past week:

Storm on the horizon!!


Beautiful flower! And it's real!!

The ratties eating chicken nuggets:



Emilie is the cutest dumbo rat ever!!







Poor, poor Harley and his injured head:


The top of his head is the worst.


His eye looks SO much better now!

And lastly, the side of his neck. :(

No comments: