A tooth for a tooth...

Since my aunt is still in no shape to drive on her own, I was the one that drove her to Perryville today so that she could go back to the dentist for a check-up. I have absolutely no problems chauffeuring people around, what I don't like is getting up super early in the morning. Since her dentist appointment was at 1PM, I had to get up at 10:40 in the morning!! Ahhh!

I actually just dozed off for like 20 minutes a little bit ago. At least I've had my power nap for the night!

We got to Perryville at 12:30, so we had 30 minutes to blow before the office opened up after their lunch break. Since my aunt bragged about a thrift store just around the corner, we decided to hit it up. It was just as I suspected, stuffy, crowded, and smelled of mothballs. I can't complain too much, considering I love finding great deals at places like that. Unfortunately, not too many deals were to be had. LaVaughn found a pair of shoes and I found a mini pitcher. That was pretty much it.

After we finished up there, we dropped our aunt of and headed to the pet store. After being in the place for 20 minutes, I'm kind of wishing we hadn't gone in. That place was a nightmare!! The cages were all filthy, 90% of the animals had no water, and to top it off, they had about 7 puppies in a play pin that were just shitting and pissing in the floor!! And of course, they had no food or water.

They also had two cages of kittens. The top cage had 3 kittens, they all looked semi healthy. The bottom cage had probably 4 or 5 and they all had an upper respiratory disease. It was awful! And on top of the two kitten cages, there sat that poor Patagonian Mara!! It's a lot bigger now, so it was really crammed in there. It also had no food or water.

And of course, they had sugar gliders. They had 2 girls and a boy. We got them out and looked at them, even though we shouldn't have. They were SO pitiful!! I wanted to take them all home, but they were all sold. :( All they had was some type of colorful dry food in their cage. It was awful.

I still can't get that awful smell out of my nose.

After we left Perryville, we stopped at KFC so that my aunt could eat. She insisted that we get something to eat to, but we decided to wait and eat at Dairy Bar in Fredericktown. We ate super early today, at like 3 in the evening!! When I don't have to work, we normally eat at 6 or 7. When I do have to work, we eat at 10 or 11, so it was WAY too early for dinner, lol.

Well, I suppose that's all for now. Time to head to Sonic for a half priced shake!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Yes, they had a prairie dog.


Cutest prairie dog in the world!!

And some cute ferrets.

Their cage was filthy.

Albino snake eating a rabbit. :(

Bunnies!

These hedgehogs were mean!



I think these were quails.

Look how filthy their cage was!

Disgusting!


I wanted one of these SO bad!






Look at all the shit in the floor!

They also had no food or water.

And yes, they had an alligator.

Check out my awesome little mini pitcher.

No idea what I'll do with it, but at least I got something from the place.

And lastly, LaVaughn's shoes. Not bad, eh? :)

No comments: