Midterms 2022 {Not What This Post Is About}

 Hey all. I thought I would post really quick while there was nothing going on. I'm actually just waiting on the glider food to get done, so not really much else to do. Anyways, just got back from voting at the local community building. It's so funny to me because the "community building" in my area is an old school. Like old, old - I'm talking been around for probably 80 year or more. It's super tiny and they have the voting station set up in the basement. One of the many perks of living in a tiny little area.

On the upside, it was literally just me and my sister. The poll workers were there, of course, and probably one or two extras that were either friends or family. So that part is a huge bonus! 

Anyways, enough talk about Midterms, lets talk about yesterday! Since LaVaughn and I were coming off of a full work weekend (daylight savings too), we decided that it would be better to go to Cape Girardeau on our way home, as opposed to just driving to Cape in the middle of the week. We wanted to hit up both Dollar Trees and Aldi, then maybe Five Below and Target, ending the trip with Walmart for a few things and groceries.

We ended up leaving a little later than anticipated because I had to meet a lady at 3 with some Christmas Village houses and items that I wanted to get for my aunt. The original plan was to leave around 1, but that obviously didn't happen. We still made it to Cape around 4 and went to the Dollar Tree in the sketchier part of cape. Found quite a few cute Christmas decorations, then some rando snacks (way too much peppermint included). Headed to Aldi next to try and find a couple gifts that we saw on YouTube. Luckily we found one of them, then a bonus gift. The most exciting part was FINALLY finding the coconut wine that only Aldi has!! It. Was. Delicious!

After we left there, we hit the other Dollar Tree. Exhaustion was starting to set in at this point and we nixed the idea of both Five Below and Target. I would like to inject really quick that I woke up at like 10:45, so I was SUPER tired with only 5ish hours of sleep. After that we headed to Walmart where we found like 4 gifts. We did find the CUTEST Harry Potter cauldron mugs that we had coffee out of today. Oh my gosh, they're the best ever!! Unfortunately it wasn't a very good day for Christmas shopping, but we did get a lot of food. Like we were starving at this point, so we got like a stupid amount of pita chips and juice.

Cape stores have a lot more vegan/vegetarian meat than our local stores, so we went kinda crazy. Not only there, but I ran in the Walmart Marketplace and found like 4 other things. I've missed veggie meat so much. My sister and I were trying this meal planning app that we did for close to a month, maybe even a little longer. The only downside is like 3 days a week the meal called for ground beef. We got the 93/7, but it still wasn't the best. When you go from eating real meat like maybe 2-3 times a week to like 6-t times a week it makes a HUGE difference. 

I honestly don't think I ever want beef and Napa cabbage for as long as I live. We had that roughly twice a week... every week. Bruh, I'm so over it.

Anyways, back to yesterday. After we finished shopping, the plan was to get Panda Express. Specifically their Beyond Orange Chicken. Like we both want to try that SO bad, but guess what... they were sold out. Oh how exciting that was, it really tied up the day for us. After that we decided on the veggie burgers from White Castle. By the time I had everything in the cart and went to check out, it was $32!! Like wtf!?!? We nixed that and decided to go to Culvers since we literally never eat there.

Still spend too much money, IMO.

We didn't get home until like 11:20 or something like that. By the time we got everything sanitized and put away it was after midnight. Still didn't go to bed until like 4am, but I could barely keep my eyes open at that point. 

My takeaway from this: 

1) Never travel and shop immediately after a 32 hour work weekend on 5 hours sleep.

2) Never grocery shop while you're hungry... obviously.

3) Never bank on one place for a meal and then get mad and cranky when they're out of said food.

4) Buy every bottle of coconut wine from Aldi when they have it in stock. Lesson learned.


Here's the masterpiece that is coconut wine from Aldi. SO good!!

The Harry Potter cauldron mug!

The cauldron mug with coffee in it. I'm dead, I love it.

My I Voted sticker for proof!

Here are some of the Christmas Village houses I got for my aunt:

The snowy log cabin - my favorite! 

Idk why this is sideways, but these are the extras that came with them.

Here are three of the little Christmas village houses.

Three more. I think there were 8 houses total, but come to think of it I think there's one missing.


No comments: