Weekly iPhone Roundup - Holiday Edition {11.19 - 11.25}

 It's that time of the week again. This week is a smidge different, it's still photos from my phone, but it's mainly holiday related. I mean, I don't guess that makes things too different, but I guess some of this would get a dedicated post. Maybe... I don't know where I'm going with this.

We went to the tree farm earlier today and normally when we go to a tree farm I take my camera, but there was something SO off with today that I didn't even bother. I'm glad I didn't, because there were like 4-5 people there and they all worked there. It was a kind of smaller place to begin with, so bringing my camera would've made things hell awkward. They were very, very nice, don't get me wrong, but it felt like they were watching our every move. Not thinking we were going to steal, but wanting us to buy something. 

My aunt and uncle also went, but they rode in a separate vehicle this time. Well there were some very beautiful water lanterns for sale for the staggering price of $53! Probably 90% of their stuff was grossly overpriced, so I wasn't jumping at the opportunity to buy anything. Well my uncle locked onto the lanterns and was asking my aunt if she liked them and, of course, she did. We he ended up asking the lady how much they were and if they had more in the back, which they did. Then out of nowhere he shouts, "We'll take it!" Um...  excuse me? He didn't even ask my aunt if she wanted to get it, he just went for it.

Well my aunt was very obviously irritated at his $60 purchase. LaVaughn and I were equally shocked and surprised at the audacity. A little back story on my uncle real quick: he's been off work for like 8 weeks with his knee. He's gonna end up having a knee replacement, but his insurance isn't paying him as much as he would normally be making, so things are tight for them. I know this, LaVaughn knows this and my aunt damn sure knows it. So you can see where her anger comes from. 

This was kind of the mindset of the whole day, just a lot of irritation and uncomfortable situations.

And to top the tree farm experience off, their trees were like so ridiculously tiny and carried a price tag that weighed more than the tree. We headed to Lowes after, which was a total bust. Thankfully Menards saved the day and we were able to find a 7 1/2ft tree for the same price as the micro trees from the tree farm.

Black Friday shopping was also a bust. I wanted to get this stupid little vacuum for like $20, but Farmington Walmart was out, as was Desoto's. I also wanted to get the $10 J-Lab ear buds, but they were sold out as well. We did, however, make out with 6 of the $1 wax melts and an awesome Blackstone set for my aunt and uncle. I take that back, we also got the 4 pack of mini cookers that Walmart had. Still... total suckfest. I also missed out on the 65in TV that Walmart had that I wanted to get my aunt and uncle for Christmas. Now I'm gonna have to swallow my pride and try to find a decently priced one that doesn't make me want to puke.

I guess I'll stop there. I hope your holiday week was less eventful, unless it was the good kind of eventful, of course. 


This is my moms youngest dog, Hyde. He came on a drive with my and my step dad, Jeff, to pick up some Chinese food.

He was very anxious after his papa left.

But he still wanted to cuddle me.

A pretty little golden tree from Dollar Tree.

I think this was from Tuesday, this is when we got the inflatable ornaments hung up. 

Messy Thanksgiving prep.

The coconut cream pie I made.

First time making these pumpkin bars. It's from a very old recipe... I also hate that it's sideways.

This is the iced pumpkin bars. They were So delicious!

Here are some of the Christmas trees from Bollinger Farms.

They were pretty, but they're like yard decor, not really big or full enough for Christmas Trees.

They had some very pretty wreaths.

They were crazy priced though, like $30-$50.

This is the only picture I took inside because it was kinda awkward and very quiet.

Here's the Bollinger Farms sign.

And here's the $60 church water lantern. It's beautiful, but not worth the price.

No comments: