Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

 Today was the big day for decorating the three! I don't think we've ever been this late decorating before, except for maybe in 2013 when we decorated the tree on December 1st. The reason I remember that so well is because that's the day we had the house fire. Thank God it was just massive smoke damage and we didn't lose anything!

Anyway, back to the tree. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think this may be one of the largest trees we've ever had. It's around 8ft tall and I don't even know how much in girth. We have to squeeze past it to get out to the garage, which is no fun task when you have a booty as big as mine, lol.

We didn't go with a theme this year, mostly just random ornaments strewn about. We did add those new vintage glass ornaments that I got from that lady in Bonne Terre - they're so pretty! I'll have to take some pics of the ornaments in the coming days, but I didn't feel like messing with it today. Since this tree is so large, we ended up using way more garland than normal. I even bought extra red and green garland last year for the cabinets because the tree was so big. Well this guy takes the cake.

Unfortunately that means I have to buy a coupe more packs of garland now...

I would also like to add that we've done a horrible job Christmas shopping this year. Normally we have around 50% done by the time the tree is up - we're at like maybe 15% done. We do have a lot come small things coming from Amazon, but lord only knows when it will get here. We need to do some massive shopping next week. At least I hope we can. *fingers crossed*

Earlier today I went outside and took some pictures with the 105mm. It was really bright, but I wanted to test some stuff out on the camera. It's nothing special, but I do like how some of them turned out. I think once I unlock the true potential of this camera I'm going to lose my mind, lol.

I guess that's all for now. I'm tired and would like to try and watch some YouTube... if the stupid internet will allow.


Christmas Tree completely naked.
 
Christmas Tree with the lights.


Christmas Tree with the lights and ornaments. I also don't know how I managed side-by-side pics.


And lastly, Christmas Tree with the star. In love!

Here are the pics I took earlier today:

These are some old, dried up plants on the table. It was really, really bright here, but I'm pretty impressed with how this turned out.

The bokeh of the 105mm lens paired with the D750 is almost unreal. And these pics aren't even anything spectacular!

You know me, I love a good macro leaf.

It was almost too bright for pics.

But I mainly wanted to play with shadows.

Here are The Walking Dead pics, as LaVaughn says.

I get where she's coming from, they're very season 3.

No comments: