Behind blue eyes...

I made a very unfortunate discovery yesterday. Sadie - the glider that cannibalized her older joey - pulled her tiny little joey and ate him! I'm beyond frustrated with her and can barely look at her. I know that's very childish, but it's also very frustrating and just awful!

I don't know what's wrong with her. Noting, and I mean absolutely nothing, is different in her life. There's nothing new in the glider room - all the gliders, cages, lighting, smells, warmth, noises - they're all the same. I use the same laundry detergent, I haven't added any new animals to the house since December and she has more food than she knows what to do with. She's been pigging out on mealies and yoggies for two weeks now, so I know she's not hungry.

I'm stumped.

I've wracked my brain trying to find something, but I can't. I'm worried that it's something LaVaughn and I are doing, but I just don't think that's the case.

Sadie and Pip were mating on the 6th of this month - unfortunately, I witnessed this -, so she should have joeys IP on or around the 21st. If she has these joeys and ends up pulling them, Pip is getting neutered - hands down. If she pulls the next set, she obviously doesn't want to be a mom anymore.

In other, less depressing news, we finally started chopping up some of the fleece we ordered from Joann. Well, we did more than chop - we got that girls entire set cut, sewn and shipped yesterday. Go us! We also cut the fleece for ourselves. I believe we ended up getting 7 pieces for each cage!

I'm trying something new with the square hammocks. After I sew it up and evaluate it, I'll write about it. I would go into details, but I don't want to jinx myself.

I got another set cut out all by myself today. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it or not, but I'm terrible at cutting. By the time I'm done with something, it looks like I've added intentional waves to the fabric. It's actually really pathetic - I can't cut a straight line! LaVaughn has to come through and trim things for me. Usually only long things, like bridges and buckets.

But yeah, I cut out and entire 6 piece set, all by my lonesome. I'm a proud piper.

Believe it or not, Tracy actually has someone that's interested in Rigel! I'm a tad on the upset side, but I'm also happy for her. Who wouldn't prefer money over another glider? Well, I would probably prefer another glider, lol. But yeah, if this deal goes through, I guess we're not getting Rigel. She did say we would get a Platinum Mosaic from her, regardless. I guess it's a win win.

In other glider news, I've been talking with Annette for the past couple days and she had two new pairs set up that will have leus and 100% leu het mosaics. One of which we'll be getting. I made some virtual joeys last night and joeys from both pairs are compatible with Chloe. So excited! I'm not sure if I would prefer a mosaic 100% het, or a leu. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they have. :)

Love & Peace

-Megan

 Here's the 6 piece owl cage set. Not too bad, eh? :)

 Kira is such a chubby, cute sugar glider.


 "Mm, that was good. Another!"

Kira loves her mealworms.

And then feels guilty for eating so many.

Pretty little Chloe on her corner hammock.

 Platinum sugar gliders are the cutest!

Bart, stretching his legs. He's such a weirdo.

No comments: