Spastic plastic...

I figured I would go ahead and get first February blog out of the way while I'm doing nothing else. I'm not here to talk about Valentine's day or anything like that, I'm actually here to talk about gliders and baby chicks. I know, who would have thought that I, out of all the people in the world, would talk about gliders and baby chicks!

I'm sure most idiots out there start off their February blogs with The Walking Dead. Dude, we get it! All you see or hear anymore is how "The Walking Dead is anticipated more than Valentine's Day". I'm not even joking, that's all I hear and it makes me want to stab someone. I love The Walking Dead just as much -- if not more -- as everyone else. But enough is enough!

End rant.

I would like, if I may, to talk about the baby chicks. We took it upon ourselves to sex all the baby chicks yesterday and I don't think we did too bad. If our calculations are correct, we have 6 hens and one rooster! Are we 100% sure about this? Sure, why not. It never hurts to dream.

The fact that 90% of our baby chicks ended up being hens makes me think that our sexing practices aren't exactly up to code. I sure as hell want them to be, but no one can be sure until they get a little older. All these little guys should be laying by July or August, so get back with me then for the answers to this test. ;)

While were on the subject of chicks.. my aunt has a friend that may be getting us a few more baby chicks! She has chickens of her own and is planing on incubating some and selling us some. I believe the majority of her chicks are Rhode Island Reds, but I'm not 100%.

As much as I love all this chicken talk, it's really making me long for baby ducks and geese. I so badly want a few baby ducks and a couple geese. I suppose I'll have to wait until spring and get them locally...

Now for the glider talk. I took well over 20 pictures of Lilah playing with a milk ring last night. She wasn't doing anything special - just sitting there, chewing on a milk ring. I found it unbelievably cute and couldn't stop snapping pictures. I did manage to slim it down from 28 pictures to 14. I have a serious illness when it comes to taking photos.

While I'm thinking of it.. there's 96.3% chance that LaVaughn and I are going to watch Texas Chainsaw tonight. It all depends on how things go and how fast they are, but I really stoked to see this movie! I've yet to see a Chainsaw Massacre that I didn't like.

I believe I've said what I had to say. I need coffee, stat! I also need to go shower, so on that note...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Prepare for Sugar Glider cuteness!















No comments: