All the space in the world...

I just wanted to talk about how well the baby chicks are doing! I didn't talk much about the environment that they came from -- I was just too exhausted at the time -- so I wanted to talk about that today.

Like I said the other day, we got them from the same guy we got our duck, Harley, from. He has a HUGE pin/fence for his ducks, guineas and geese -- all of which live together -- which is really nice, but I have no idea how his chickens live.

My aunt was with us, so she went to the door and knocked. It took about 5 minutes before she came back and told us we could come in. We both very nervously walked towards the door -- not really sure what we would stumble upon -- and as soon as we stepped in, we were hit by this horrible odor! I still can't pinpoint what or where the smell was coming from, but it was horrible!

The baby chicks were right as you walked in. I'm guessing it's kind of like an indoor back porch -- we didn't come in through the front door -- because that's where they had the incubator, baby chicks and boots and things. They also had food sitting out there, which really didn't seem healthy.

The baby chicks were all in a 10 gallon aquarium. And by all I mean 40+ baby chicks! There was absolutely no room for them to sleep and no room for them or eat or drink. Oh, well that was probably because there was no food or water in with them! Then the lady tried to lecture US about chick care!

It was very taxing being there, but at least we were able to rescue 7 baby chicks. The poor little things have no clue what to do with all the space! I can't even count the times that I've caught them stretching their legs.

After I realized they weren't have seizures, it was actually really cute! They'll lay on their sides and stretch one leg out really far, then flip to the other side and do the same. They're so entertaining. :)

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: Oh Death by Jen Titus  <--- supernatural="">

No comments: