With a cluck, cluck here and a cluck, cluck there...

We just got back from our very long drive to Perryville and back. In the end, we ended up making an entire circle. The day wasn't all bad, though. After the dentist, we stopped and picked up a few things. You'll have to keep reading if you want to know exactly what we picked up. :)

The drive there was fine.. actually it was unnaturally quiet, which I hate. By the time we got to Fredercktown, my aunt was unbelievably car sick and needed to stop at the gas station to walk around and get some gum, all the while LaVaughn and I are in the car jamming out to Clapton. Our aunt isn't hot on classic rock, so we turned it off as soon as she got back in the car. After she recovered, we continued on.

We made it to Perryville in no time. Despite how winding J HWY is, I still made good time. Since it was only 2 and the appointment was for 3, we had some time to blow. From the beginning, I told my aunt that leaving at 12:30 was going to put us at the dentist's door way too early, but she insisted anyway. LaVaughn and I wanted to hit up the pet store while we were there, so we decided to check that off our list first. We we pulled up, I knew something was off. There were no cars, no lights, no nothing! I scanned around the building until I found their business hours. And naturally, they're closed on Mondays. Go figure! My restless aunt wanted to head on to the dentist anyway.

I dropped them off at the dentists and sat with them for a while. Since I wasn't having anything done, I decided to go to the grocery store and pick up a few things while they were being drilled on.

By the time I made it to the store, I was already regretting my actions. I haven't been to Perryville Walmart in I don't know how long and forgot how run down the place was! I mean, it's not like infested with bugs or anything, but it's old and stale smelling. I just wanted to get my shopping done as quickly as possible! Which I did.

When I got back, neither of the two were setting in the waiting room - which was good, because I blew just enough time.. or so I thought. I sat for probably 30 minutes, watching the same stupid world news channel that they always leave it on! It gave me a massive headache. My aunt finally made her way out, lips drawn up and everything. I'm so not poking fun, but she intentionally made her mouth droop more. She's a dick! It was probably 20 more minutes before LaVaughn made it out with that same numbing look on her face -- you can imagine the drive home!

Now that I got all the boring stuff out of the way, it's time to talk chickens! Actually, it's time to talk baby chicks! You remember the nutty guy that we got Harley (our duck) from? Well he has baby chicks for sale and we decided to stop and pick some up. Luckily, the guy wasn't there and we just had to deal with his wife and little girl. We ended up with 7 new baby chicks. We got 4 Plymouth Rock/Barred Rock and 3 Araucana's. They are to die for!!

Here, check them out for yourself:



The pictures aren't the best, but I didn't want to harass them too much on their first day home. Unless we can distinguish markings, I believe they will remain unnamed at the moment. Hopefully they will each have their own unique markings when they get older.

And on that note, I'm out!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: Crossroads by Eric Clapton

No comments: