Oh, woe is me...

I know I didn't mention this last month when the event actually took place - I guess I was too pissed to write about it. When LaVaughn and I were cleaning the gliders' cages, Chloe and Violet's cage fell off the back of the truck and busted! Yes, busted!! It was one of the HQ cages, so it has no give at all.

In tears, LaVaughn and I picked up the pieces and proceeded to put the girls in our much smaller, hospital cage. I'm sure you're saying, "Why not just buy a new one?" well, these cages don't come cheap! The cheapest you can find online is $150. It's a good price, considering the cages last forever, but when you don't have the money to just blow on a cage - you're pretty much screwed.

That leads is to today. I saw a cage on Craigslist a couple days ago that looked fairly nice. It was white -- which I hated -- and even had a stand! She also lived close to me in Ellington, which is only about a 30-40 minutes drive. Unfortunately, I didn't see the price tag unit after I emailed her and noticed that she wanted $75 for it. You can find that exact cage on ebay for $70, so I knew that if I couldn't talk her down, I wasn't buying.

I sent her a message, which she replied to saying, "Yes, it's still available!" and before I could even ask about lowering the price, she said, "I'd also be interested in trading for dog grooming items, cat items or an iPad." I was kind of shocked to hear her say cat items, so I immediately thought of the cat trees we had in the garage. I cleaned them up, took photos of them and sent them to her. It took her a couple days to respond after that, but she said she loved them and would do the trade!

Time to shorten the story up a bit... we drove to her house -- which was in the middle of nowhere, down a county road, by a cemetery and down another gravel road -- and picked it up. She and her husband were super nice and even found a rope for us to tie the trunk down. The cage was WAY too big to fit in the backseat or the trunk, so fun!

It's sitting in the garage at the moment, waiting to be cleaned up and washed. We'll know more about it's condition when we give it a deep clean.

In other, less exciting new... the HDMI cord that I ordered finally arrived today! We bought one when we got our flat screen year before last and paid an unimaginable $20 for it. The past few months, it's started to short out. I found one on ebay for $1.50 the other night and couldn't pass that up. I'm SO pissed that we paid $20 for one when we could have got it for a fraction of that price. Hopefully this one lasts longer.

I suppose I'll end this with some adorable pictures of Lilah, the cutest sugar glider joey in the world!

Love & Peace

-Megan















No comments: