Well wasn't that just a big ball of awesomeness...

I made the unfortunate mistake of renting The Walking Dead from Redbox earlier today...

Worst. Mistake. EVER!

The entire time I was telling myself, "How bad can it be, really? It's a zombie game! It has to be fun!" WRONG! I can put up with cheap graphics -- if I couldn't, I wouldn't be able to play old Resident Evil games -- and I can put up with a bad story line. As long as killing the zombies is fun, I'm happy!

As soon as I turned the game on, I could tell something wasn't right. It was just too creepy to be good. I didn't let that stop me from continuing, though, so I proceeded to play. As soon as the game started, I noticed that it looked very comic bookish. I was thinking, "Oh, this is cool. They're paying homage to the comic series." Let me just say that they take their tributes a little too seriously!

That's pretty much what the whole game was like, an in action storyboard. It was awful! They used the real characters from the TV show, which I thought was going to be cool, but everyone sounds so awful! I only got to see Hershel and Bobby, but that was enough. I couldn't even remotely get used to the controls. I mean, if I was forced to, I could -- who would want to play a game where is asks you what moves you want to make!?

After about 15 minutes, I had to turn the game off and walk away. It was probably one of the most unappealing games I've ever played - it was horrible! I can't wait to return this hideous game...


In other news... well, I don't know if this is necessarily news worthy, but I'm pretty excited about it. While I was at the store earlier today, I noticed that there was a section of Christmas stuff that was left over from the holidays. As my eyes gazed upon endless rows of red and white treasures, they stopped at something that I had previously wanted -- and never got... MINI candy canes!

I saw these devilish treats last month, but never picked any up. So this was a major bonus to my day! I'm sure my stomach and teeth will regret it later, but whatever.

As you can see, the majority are gone...

While we were at the store, LaVaughn made an awesome find in the produce section... mini peppers! We live in a very small town, so we rarely ever get good food like this! Peppers are like my favorite food every, so you can imagine my excitement. 



No comments: