Only the lonely...

This entire week has been off. There's just something about it that's not right - a missing element, perhaps. I really do hate weeks like this. The beginning of the year was a bit off, but not anything like the past week. It makes you feel so draggy and just bla. It's not depression - believe me, I know how that feels - and it's not really loneliness, it just something! At the end of the day, I'm just ready to go to sleep and wake up with a new slate in hopes that it's better.

Off of that subject... Taylor is planing on coming down this weekend to pick up Lilah - I know, time flies! I'm a bit discouraged about it, Lilah just doesn't seem like she's ready to leave her parents. It may be because she's the first joey in over a year that is actually leaving at 8 weeks. She seems so young! I'm not sure why, but joeys always end up staying well past 8 weeks here. I don't know what it is. That could be contributing factor, but I really feel she's not ready to leave her parents. I think it would be best if I push the meeting to next weekend.

I almost forgot! First, let me give you a bit of a back story...

Sadie and Pip have been separated since Monday due to a dominance wound on the back of Sadie's neck. A dominance wound/mating wound is something gliders get when they're a little too aggressive with each other during a display of dominance or during mating. This was an old wound of Sadie's from a month ago and now, thanks to Pip, it's opened up again. She's living in a smaller cage and, since the wound is small, getting small doses of antibiotic cream.

Okay, back to my new...

When I had her out applying her medicine last night, I gave her a yoggie and rubbed her tummy. I got kind of freaked at first because I felt a tiny, little bump and no large joey. My heart was racing by the time I decided to rub her tummy again. Gliders will sometimes cannibalize a joey for whatever reason they see fit. As I went back to get a second feel - very gently, I'd like to add - I felt her older joey! WHEW! Then I felt off to the left and felt another joey! A joey that's been freshly dropped IP!

This has never happened before. Sadie does her usual two sets of joeys a year and that's it! So her first little joey will be OOP next month and the following month... she'll have another! It's very possible that she has two newly IP joeys, but that's too hard to tell at the moment. Cause if she does, the larger joey is covering him/her. Definitely exciting news!

That's not all the exciting news I have... Kira and Logan are also expecting!! I was feeding everyone yoggies yesterday and noticed how large Kira's belly looked. I got her out of the cage, gave her a yoggie and proceeded to rub her tummy. Sure enough, I felt TWO little bumps! These two should be OOP around the end of March. Can't wait to see what she has!

Well, talking about all the gliders and upcoming joeys has really seemed to boost my mood. I think I need to go give everyone a treat now, just because they're cute...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: Thunderstruck by AC/DC

No comments: