I've got to get out of this place...

Our baby chicks aren't so much babies anymore, they're getting huge! They're starting to loose all their baby feathers and develop their adult ones. This has actually been happening for some time now, so I really don't know why I brought it up. Sigh...

We got all the little meeps out last night and let them run around, all the while eating lettuce and noodles. They loved being out of their cage and stretching their legs. We tried to do just two at a time, but that wasn't even remotely working, so we get the entire flock out. It still amazes me how simple chickens can be. Every time one of them would poop, here would come someone else trying to race the others to eat it first. 

I got I believe 3 or 4 different videos, but only uploaded 2 I believe. Those, of course, will be below.

I have some slightly exciting, slightly depressing news... Sadie has another joey IP. I noticed it Thurs. evening when we were feeding treats. It's very, very small so I'm guessing she had it earlier that day or the day before. I told her, "This is your last shot at being a mom." She just looked at me like, "Eh, whatever. Just give me another treat." I'm really hoping she keeps this baby. I don't want to have to get Pip neutered - he and Sadie have such sweet joeys - but if we have to, we will.

I'm still partially recovering the electricity being off. I still remember how creepy everything and how much I wanted to murder someone. The day after the electricity came back on, the lights would flicker every little bit. Like little heart stopping reminders. I think there were still some people that didn't have electricity. All together, there were 6500 people in the dark. 

The day the electricity did come back on, we went to town to stock up on a few things. And considering ice was still everywhere, I knew the drive to town would be beautiful! Well, I was absolutely right about that part and so happy that I decided to bring the camera. I started driving very slow so that LaVaughn could take pictures. Just as she pulled the camera out and started to snap one of what looked to be a winter wonder land, the damn batteries died. The entire time, I'm screaming, "Nooooo, why must the batteries be dead today!? Of all days!" The rest of the drive to town was beautiful, as expected. And no, I didn't get one picture. I'll be so glad when our new batteries get here...

I completely forgot to mention, I have an interview to go to tonight. I have to be there at 8PM, which is really creepy, but whatever. I'm not going into details, because I don't want to jinx myself, so I'll leave the details out until I know more. Wish me luck!

I suppose that's all for now. I need to go shower and prepare my interview speech. Don't forget to check out the photos AND videos below...

Love & Peace

-Megan

 The only picture I got the day after the storm.

 And here's my awesome little candle wax horn thing that I constructed.

The following pictures are of my neighbor's dog, Fletcher. She was out of town, so we decided to let him in for a while so that he could stay warm. 








And now for the picture of the meeps:







So many adorable little chicks!

Now it's VIDEO time!








No comments: