Well hello, stranger...

Ms. Ellie (formerly Perla, the little leu girl we got from Cindy) has been alone since a week before we got her, well over a month ago. We've tried intros a few times with the trio, mainly Fiona-- not one has been successful. Since we took Petra and Harper to meet their new moms yesterday, that left Avery.

Now mind you, she would have been completely fine living with her parents for a few more weeks, so it's not like she HAD to be separated. But since Sara didn't want her, we decided to see how she and Ellie would do, all the while expecting the worst.

Believe it or not, the two hit it off like they were high school sweethearts! There was only one incident of them being pissy towards one another, but that was it! They've been together for a few hours now with NO issues (knock wood).

There is a downside to all this splendor... we're not sure if we want to keep Avery. After all, our numbers are at 18 at the moment, 2 being joeys that are spoken for, 1 being Avery. We really, really don't want to add any new gliders to the brood, especially since we're contemplating re-homing Cas and Violet. I know it's terrible to think about, but our reasons are our own.

Decisions decisions!

In fleece/cage set/sewing news, the final two cage sets that cut out (and sold, yay!) a while back are finished and ready to be shipped out tomorrow. I've sewn all 4 of these cage sets basically by myself, but LaVaughn did sew the bridge on the 3rd one, and helped quite a bit more on the last one.

As you can probably tell, she's not big on sewing. Neither am I, but I am big on money, lol.

The only other cage sets we have are 6 piece sets with Glider Buckets in each one, so those I will have to have help with, no matter what. Don't ask why, but for some reason I cannot sew circles! I can sew in basically any other direction, but not around. Who woulda thunk it!

We have a lot to do (including game playing) this week, so I doubt anymore sewing will be done. I wish I could be like, "Oh yeah, we'll have all 3 done by weeks end!", but I'm sure you and I both know that's not true. Oh well, maybe the following week.

It's late and all the crit-coutures are getting hungry, so I believe I'm going to call it a night. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are some pictures of Ellie and her new (temp?) cage mate, Avery:

"A friend for me!?"






"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"





No comments: