Some get a little and some get none...

Today has been a stressful day to say the least. It all started when I went to bed and had a level 7-8 anxiety attack. The son of a bitch came out of nowhere and just, BAM! It left me laying in the bed for well over an hour with my heart racing -- it was miserable. I was finally (thankfully) able to fall asleep just after 6:30 this morning.

After LaVaughn woke me up just after noon, we both showered and started off towards Fredericktown for our vet appointment. I believe I explained why we were going Friday, but I'm not too sure. Long story short, Melissa has breathing issues and Sally has vertigo issues.

We made it to the vets office 20 minutes early and was brought back not 5 minutes later. She grabbed Sally out first and examined the abscess/tumor area on her face and began to squeeze. I swear, I think 1/3 of Sally's weight was due to the amount of pus she had in her face! She kept squeezing it, and it kept coming... and coming, and coming. Poor Sally was squeaking so bad towards the end -- she never even once tried to bite, but that's because she's an angel. She put her on her usual, Clavamox. She separated the doses for us again, so we can have one now and one a couple weeks from now.

She grabbed Melissa next, examined her mammary tumor, then moved on to her chest where she listened to her breathing. Unfortunately, it's what I expected... Mycoplasma. She didn't even try to mask it with Amoxicillin, she went ahead and put her on Baytril and Doxycycline. She's not even going to attempt to remove the tumor right now -- she said more than likely we would lose her under the anesthesia. So that's being put on the back burner for a little while.

All in all it was a successful trip, well worth the money and time spent. I just hope it does our girls some good and they're vet-free for a few more months.

Our neighbor that we've had/know for over 15 years passed away Friday morning. She was a die hard Christian and talked of nothing buy God every time we would see her. Over the last year, she would take walks from her house and venture down to ours, stopping for about 20 minutes to drink some water and talk. I knew she was going downhill, because she was really starting to look her age and began repeating the same questions every time she would stop by.

She was 79, I believe, and looked every day of 60. She's lived a full, happy life.

It came as great shock with we got a call Friday telling us of her passing. I couldn't believe it, I thought Vel would be around for ever! I still don't think I've fully grasped the concept of her being gone.

The reality kind of set in a bit more today when we stopped by her wake on the way home. Half of Ironton's population was there to see her. LaVaughn and I grabbed a memorial booklet, signed the guest log and just stood in the back of the church for about 15 minutes. There were so many people there that we didn't know -- it was just awkward and uncomfortable. We figured we said our peace, then left.

So there you have it, that's our big exciting day!

Love & Peace

-Megan

This is the only picture I took today, and it was on the phone. 

No comments: