A million pieces...

I'm very sadden to announce the passing of a friend of mine. We may not have been besties and we may not have met face to face, but I lost a friend I have know for over 5 years yesterday. And it's not just that she's gone, it's how she's gone.

When I got home from work last night, I read a very disturbing post of hers on Facebook. Saying how she had inner demons and that she was basically giving in to them. At the end, she left a very disturbing "I bid my final farewell" and that was it.

Of course, family and friends were like, "Stop joking Marissa, this isn't funny!" and things like that. After about 50 or more comments of her not saying anything back to anyone, the police became involved. I'm not sure who, but a couple different people had the police, fire department, and ambulance all at her mom's house and her dad's house.

I guess her mom got there before them, because she attempted mouth to mouse with no avail.

Towards the end of the comments, her aunt posted and said that she was in ICU and wasn't doing well at all. That's when I decided to contact her mom and see if she would tell me how she was. I messaged her at close to 11 and she said that things were not looking good and asked me to friend request her, so I did. A couple hours later it was made public that she was gone.

Since she's an organ donor, she's being kept on life support until 8:30 (Arizona time). The found 5 recipients for her organs, there may even be one more. One of her mom's post nearly sent me into tears as she said, "At 8:30 tonight they will be taking her into the operating room. Up until then, it'll be the last time we get to hold her hand and be by her side."  That killed me. I'm having a hard time even writing that!

My heart is just broken. Not only for Marissa, but for her poor mother.

Depression is nothing to play around with and absolutely nothing to just brush off. It's a real illness that needs to be addressed just as heart disease. I'm just so completely tore up that no one was able to reach out to her last minute and save her.

And now I'm going to change the subject!

We met with Cindy today to drop the little girls off. She was so excited to see them. We also took Ellie with us so that she could see her, she loved that. And believe it or not, we got to meet her husband and oldest son! They were all super nice, which was to be expected -- they're just nice people.

After we parted ways, we ran in Gamestop for a while to look at their overpriced games. Yeah, nothing to see there, other than Shadow of Mordor... which I want desperately. But, but just bought The Evil Within and games are expensive, so I think I'll pass. We jotted in Walmart for a few minutes after that, then headed home.

And just as I suspected, our wheels arrived Saturday while I was at work! Omg, they're gorgeous!! The solid colors are so awesome, I'm so happy we went that way. When we ordered David's wheels, we did a black and whatever color. They were nice, but Dallie has SO many colors to choose from, it's like skittle wheels! Needless to say they're a huge hit with the gliders. Now to get coordinating cage sets!

I guess that will conclude my up and down post for (hopefully) the month. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are the new Fast Track wheels:



Look at all the colors of the gorgeous Fast Track wheels!


A lizard on the mailbox.

He was a cute little lizard with a nubby tail.


The gorgeous fall colors.




The drive to Ironton is so beautiful, but to tiresome.

Saying goodbye to the girls:



Are they not gorgeous?

No comments: