I want to fly like a... crane?

I know I don't blog about the ducks very much -- which doesn't alter the fact that I love them dearly -- so I thought I would give a little update as to how they're doing.

They're all HUGE now, still not sure what sex the newbies are other than the Welshies. It shouldn't be too much longer before I see curly tail feathers, or hear some distinct quacks from them. The older duckies have finally stopped treating the newbies like lepers, so they all kind of march together as one. They still go their separate ways from time to time, but 60% of the time they're together.

We used to let the older ducks have free roam on a daily basis, but stopped once we started introducing the new group. Since then, none of the ducks have had free roam, which I hate! Well all of that changed today, EVERYONE got to roam the yard! They were all so cute and happy. They all ran towards the house -- in a row, of course -- to get scraps. I just love them. I love to see them happy even more!

While LaVaughn and I were outside, we heard a hideous scream (animal scream, not human) coming from the lake. Not long after that, we both heard some fierce splashing. I thought it was our rogue geese that we so rarely see, but it wasn't a goose at all, it was a crane. We used to see cranes around here all the time, but I guess they migrated elsewhere. Perhaps they found someplace new.

Speaking of someplace new, LaVaughn and I found something similar! We've both been loyal Joann.com and Fabric.com shoppers, but with their outrageous prices and however many yard minimum, it's just become too expensive.

Since literally every fleece print and solid at Joann's had a 2 or 3 yard minimum, we decided to pick 7 different print that we wanted to use for ourselves. That would leave us at least a yard of fleece to make cage sets our of. Well, after we got all our fleece added to our cart, we ended up with a $170 total! Um, NO thank you! I love fleece as much as the next person, but I do not want to spend almost $200 on it.

That's when I found Hancock Fabrics, oh how I love thee! Not only did that have cuter fleece, but it was $3.80 a yard for solids and prints! I thought I was going to die! We picked out 7 different prints and 7 different solids, all of which came to a total of $58!

They have coupons that are like 15% off $30, 20% off $50 and so on. So we're actually considering getting more than things just for ourselves. You just never know about us. We're going to stop tomorrow on our way back from Farmington and nab a pre-paid card. I'm not too hot on using credit cards for online purchases unless it's a have-to thing.

Well, I suppose that's all for now. I'm not sure if I want to go look at more fleece or play the game. Who am I kidding, I'm going to play the game...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are some pictures of the ducks enjoying free roam:











And lastly, the crane that spooked us both:






No comments: