A "how to" guide to short stories...

A guy contacted me in Instagram around a month ago and asked me to join his Walking Dead Facebook page. Since I'm obsessed with TWD, I happily agreed to do it. I even bought some comics from a guy in the group within a week of joining - so worth it.

Well they held a little contest that would allow for 10 winners. All 10 prizes were donated by the members in the groups, most were custom toys, bags, signed pictures by walkers on the show and so on. The rules were simple; create a short (zombie) story using no less than 300 words. They posted this on a Sunday, with a 1 week time limit. Stupid me, I didn't get my story finished until the following Sunday with 19 hours left in the competition.

Most of the stories that were submitted were hardly short stories at all. I'd say 7 out of 10 were all one messy, bulky paragraph without proper punctuation. Surprisingly enough, these were the stories that got the most likes. Lucky for me I had just enough likes to tie in 10th place with 3 other people. It came down to guessing a number and whoever was closest won. I don't know how, but I guessed just under 50 shy of the actual number and won.

Everyone had already picked all the good prizes, so all that was left was a custom mini made by someone in the group. I welcomed my winnings with open arms, considering I barely entered in the competition long enough to win anything. Had I submitted sooner, I think my likes would have been slightly higher.

In other news, our fleece came today. It's all so gorgeous -- I'm starting to covet it already! If only. We still didn't get two different yards, only because they were out of stock, bastards. I'm ordering more tonight so that I'll have something to pair with the ones that matched the ones that didn't arrive. Lets hope they all arrive in one piece.

I guess that's all for now. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Playtime with the boys last night:





My Walking Dead winnings:




And lastly, fleece from Hancock Fabrics:



No comments: