Free at last!

That probably exactly what all the chickens were thinking today, "Free at last!" During the spring and summer months, all the chickens, ducks and turkeys get the run of the yard. Not only is it beneficial to them, but it's beneficial to us. When they're running free in the yard, they tend to catch all kind of bugs. And with living out of town - practically in the boonies - it really helps.

Anyway, the lighting was beautiful today and allowed for great photos. It didn't hurt that the subject of my photos were so darn cute. ;) So naturally, I have a million photos to share.

I suppose that's all for now. Hope you enjoy the photos...  :O)

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day:  The Wishing Well by Jake La Botz (my fellow Rambo fans will know all about this song)


Here are the pics:

 All the chickens foraging in the yard.


 Gandalf the gorgeous. :)


 The Blue Slate turkeys foraging for bugs.

 They need names.

 I think it would be best to wait until they get older, I can't really tell them apart.

 Our beautiful White Silkie Bantam, Gandalf.

 Gandalf's profile.

 Helen is a little dick.

 Turkey profile.


 Leo foraging for food.


 He's such a gorgeous red rooster.

 Guess what? Chicken butt!

 I love how fat our hens are.


 Heads down!

 I love this picture! I love how you can see the water behind all the hens.

 Leo is all fluffed up in the background.


 The lone hen.

A close up on our bantam rooster, Helen.

 The profile of Kind Leonidas.




 Back to the beautiful, Gandalf!

I seriously love this little guy. <3

Bonus Gallery!

Early this morning before I went to bed, I was letting Milla out so that she could go to the bathroom. Well, as I was shutting the screen door - it hangs really bad - I slammed my finger in it. It was numb for a few minutes, then I thought it was broke. After that it just burned. I had a nice hunk of flesh hanging off of it for a while and, of course, I couldn't find ANY nail clippers, so I had to yank the skin off... fun! 

Here's what it looked like:

 Bloody finger.

 It doesn't look bad, but take my word, it's sore!

 Then when I get up today to take the band-aid off, I couldn't. It was stuck to my open, bleeding flesh.

 See, no joke. I finally had to run warm water over it to get it to come off.

And this is how hideous my finger looked out in natural light today. Sickness!

No comments: