Let the Christmas preparation begin! (with a little sugar glider joey cuteness on the side)

LaVaughn and I had to go to town yesterday even, mainly to get Zyrtec (for her), and that was all. Well 2 hours and $100 later I was left thinking, "What the hell!?"

It's so amazing how fast things add up, especially when you never even planned on buying them in the first place. The Frontline was what was so expensive, which wasn't even THAT bad. We have to buy the biggest size for Milla, but that's because she's a big girl. We also got other odds and ends that we needed, but another gift for Aunt Sharon and, wait for it... wrapping paper!!

There is just something about buying Christmas paper that I love! And the gifts, oh how I love to wrap gifts! I'm not one to listen to Christmas music or anything like that -- I'm not even keen on decorating -- I just like the gift wrapping. Ask my aunt, I always agree to wrap her things for her. She hates it anymore and I get enjoyment out of it, so why not. Same goes for my uncle.

I want to wrap things tonight, but we have to sew Doug and Kyan's set, clean the rat cage, clean the drop trays, vacuum, fix dinner, feed the cats, feed the dog, and probably more. So I'm going to push the gift wrapping off until like, Wed., which is also LaVaughn's birthday.

Aside from spreading the Christmas cheer today, I also have photos of Charli and Tyler's little boy to share. Have I mentioned how much I love him?? He's just the cutest and sweetest little dumpling! I wish all of our joeys were like him.

I'm trying to savor as much as I can with these joeys, cause I know our breeding days are coming to an end. The market has gone downhill so much over the past year, it's almost impossible to sell them. And when you only breed for color (mosaics, plats, leus), you don't sell as many because locals that just want a couple pets wont buy them.

I think we "give away" more than we sell anymore. Tracy's getting Fili, Cindy got Petra, and I'm contemplating letting Doug have Zac, but I guess I need to wait and see if anyone wants him first. At least I know that they'll be cared for properly within our small group of glider friends.

I believe that's all for now. I think I just heard UPS dropping off more of the Christmas stuff we ordered!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Just look at that gorgeous paper! And 30 feet of it!

And... it's reversible!!

Now for pictures of the cutest sugar glider joey ever, Zac:



















No comments: