It's a godawful small affair...

Today was LaVaughn's big day. We laughed, we cried, we ate, we sang... it was a good day. There may not have been any crying and thanks to my aunt, I was the only one singing. Do you have any idea how awkward it is to sing happy birthday by yourself?

We didn't really DO anything, just went out to eat and came home for cake and ice cream -- nothing super special. Auntie gave her a card full of money, like she always does, and I gave her a bag of her favorite things. She got hair care supplies, makeup, brushes, she was a happy camper to say the least today.

Lets rewind to earlier today when I cleaned the rat cage, changed pouches, and even wiped the cages down! This all took place while I was dyeing my hair, I might add.

Just before that I packaged her gifts up in a nice little bag. I really wish I had a artistic gene on days like this. And to top off my very productive day, I just made HPW and Reep's for the gliders. I know, I'm hella awesome today. Oh, did I mention that I sewed part of a cage set as well? Yea, I was all over the place.

I completely forgot to mention that Doug drove ALL the way to Annapolis yesterday evening to pick up Avery and Fili (whom he dropped off with Cindy)? I couldn't meet him because I was at work, but luckily my aunt agreed to do it for me. SO nice of her! I still hate that he had to drive all the way down here.

Now all I have to do is schedule the flight for this weekend. Since Cindy is the nicest girl this side of Texas, she's agreed to ship Fili this weekend.

Now I'm crashing and desperately need some coffee before I pass out. Until the next event/productive day...

Love & Peace

-Megan

The gifts:





The card, minus the money:



The cake:




And lastly, the last pictures we'll ever take of Avery and Fili:

Avery




She's so cute.




I love her face.

This one is too cute for words.



Fili


My precious boy... I miss him so.



I want him back.

No joke.

I don't think I've ever missed a glider this much.




No comments: