Tis' the season...

I was originally supposed to drive my aunt to the doctor today so that she could have one last test done on her back. Unfortunately, one of her clients that she's been seeing for over 5 years has been thrown a terrible curve ball in life. He was diagnosed with cancer a month or so ago and was just recently given 3 weeks to live.

Well just before we left today, she got a call from his family that he was slipping fast. LaVaughn and I both encouraged her to cancel her appointment and go see him. After all, his family called her and wanted her to come out. She ended up leaving while we stayed behind and rescheduled her appointment.

Since LaVaughn and I both got up at 11, we were complete zombies. We watched a bit of TV, then she passed out. I touched up a couple blogs, went down to the "storage" unite and checked the d-CON, then came back and tried to take a nap myself. I think I ended up passing out for like 5-10 minutes, but I can't be too sure. I'm not one that can take a nap, I never have been.

I ended up waking her up, we fixed dinner, fed the cats, the dog, shut the chickens up, fed the gliders, and then played the game for like 20 minutes.

After that we finally made our way to the gifts. Ah, the precious gifts! My lovely aunt dropped all of her gifts off with labels on them so that I would know what went to who. After I wrapped up her gifts, I started on ours. LaVaughn mainly handles the name tags, so when I say I;m wrapping, I mean it.

I got all of my aunts done and only made a small dent in ours. It was just getting so late, I hardly had anymore energy left. I was already exhausted from getting up early, so doing taxing things didn't help.

Now that all of her stuff is done, and 15% of ours, I want to buy more gifts! I feel like I need to be restrained a little when it comes gift buying. It's so funny, cause all I wanted when I was little was gifts. Seriously, if my mom put a new present under the tree, I sniffed it out like a bloodhound! Now all I want to do is buy for others. I'm very lavish when it comes to buying things for others, I can't help it.

I can hardly stand the wait for "Black Friday", which actually takes place on Thursday. There's something I wanna get my mama and something I want to get my aunt. I can't say here, cause I never know if they're going to read this or not. LaVaughn and I each want a Samsung Galaxy tablet -- they're only going to be $99!! We're going to be so broke come next Thursday...

I guess that's all for now. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Please enjoy the disaster that is present wrapping:




No comments: