Nothing can change this love...

As I sit here with the day coming to an end, I'm left thinking about how differently things could have gone. Let me start at the beginning...

Doesn't that sound like the opening line of a nice comedy of sorts? I really wish I had time to write more. Like actually write, not blog, journal, or email -- write. I remember when I was just a girl, probably 13 or so, I used to love to write short stories. Was my writing a cluttered mess? Absolutely! I still loved every minute of it.

I remember when LaVaughn and I would raid the stores after they marked down their back to school items. Notebooks were like .10 each and we more than took advantage! I remember having stacks upon stacks of them. And binders, oh man did we have a binder stockpile!

Nowadays I barely have time to throw together a decent blog that's worth posting. Luckily I don't do this for the viewers (no offence), I do it for me. I've never wanted a famous or popular blog, just something that I could keep for myself, like a journal, just something I could look back on from time to time.

LaVaughn and I finally wrapped all the gifts that we have. We still have more shopping to do, but as of now everything is done! Yay! I have about $70 worth of stuff in our online cart that I so desperately want to buy. I'm holding off because I know something else will come along and I'll be like, "Dammit, if only I had thought of that!"

I would prefer to just have everything shipped together. After all, after $50 you get free shipping. I HATE paying $5 to ship one little thing, it makes me feel all yumpy.

After (hopefully) we get all of this stuff, all we have left will be what we buy on Black Friday. I'm hoping and praying that they have everything we're wanting to buy. I fully intend on driving to Fredericktown Friday if they don't have something, because some of this stuff just can't be passed up.

It's still a week away, so I'm going to try and not stress over it.

Lets talk about something neutral, lets talk about Eggplant! LaVaughn mentioned it about a week ago, but it's something I've wanted to try for quite some time, so I finally picked one up on my way home from work Tuesday. I finally decided to fix it yesterday and, surprisingly enough, it was good! I sliced it thing, coated it in flour, then egg, then more flour and fried it.

The cooked consistency reminds me of a raw mushroom, which is weird.

Oh, I completely forgot! I FINALLY talked Kyan into letting Doug have Zac. Whew, that's a mouth full! Kyan didn't really want to add anymore boys to the mix, considering they have like a 70/30 boy/girl ratio. Doug just loves him so much and he's so unbelievably sweet, I couldn't imagine him going to anyone else.

Of course, they're getting him at no charge. All we asked was if they would pick a glider up from the airport for us one day. I think that's a pretty decent trade, considering I hate driving in STL. So now I don't have to constantly worry about finding him the perfect home -- he's just too sweet to go to someone I don't know.

I think I've covered everything that's taken place in the last few days. If I missed something, then I guess it wasn't important. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Picture time:

Baby chicks...








Fat cat in a box...






And now pictures from my phone:

Present wrapping...




Creepy train stuck across the road.

More of the baby chicks...




Una...




Zac...



More gifts...



Trying eggplant for the first time...



More Una...



Some more of Zoe...





And lastly, the baby chicks...




No comments: