Of feather and fur... and wrapping paper.

Work was very dismal yesterday, so imagine my excitement when I find out that LaVaughn is harboring 8 baby chicks! She said she "accidentally" sent me a picture of them via text, but I just don't believe it was an accident. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

I became extremely psyched after that and couldn't wait to go home.

I ended up staying 45 minutes over my shift, which should come as no surprise, but it does start to weigh on you after so long. You see person after person leave on time -- or early -- and it's just all really frustrating. It's like they know I'll stay so they don't even try to get me out on time. I do believe I'm being taken advantage of.

Anyways! I was so cold and exhausted when I got home last night, I could hardly enjoy the baby chicks. I didn't let my exhaustion win for too long, though.

Today, however, I made it my personal mission to put new cage sets in the glider cages, clean the drop trays, clean the rat cage, and vacuum. Believe it or not, I was actually able to complete each one of those. Next up on my cleaning list is the bottom grates and the wheels.

After all the animals were fed -- including ourselves -- the gift wrapping commenced. We finished every single thing, minus a couple shirts. I was freaking drained by the time we were done with what we had done.

Before the gift wrapping took place, I managed to get some new pictures of baby Zac. I've been trying SO desperately to pawn him off on one of our friends, but no one seems to be interested. I'm afraid if the perfect, and I mean perfect home doesn't come along, he'll get neutered and stay here. Sigh... I don't want that to happen.

I want to go be lame now and watch some Netflix. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

The new baby chicks:




And baby Zac, the cutest sugar glider joey in the world:



















And lastly, all the wrapped gifts:



No comments: