The tip of the iceberg...

Yesterday, like right after I finished my blog, I went in the glider room to do pouch checks. And to my surprise... I saw one of Kira's joeys!! Well, just the tail really, but I saw it. And guess what!? It has a WHITE TIP!! I couldn't see anything else on him/her, so I don't know if it's just the white tip, or if the little one will have white hands, feet, etc.

Knowing that we have a colored baby coming OOP makes me even more antsy about their arrival! I mean, I love all our gorgeous joeys, but we don't get that many colored babies, so you can understand my excitement. :) Now we just have to wait another week or two for them to come OOP.

I may as well go ahead and spew the horrible news that was brought to my attention yesterday. Deagol, the little boy that we were supposed to get back this weekend (long story), passed away last night. His owner, Jessica, said that she found him with his face in his food dish.. just dead. She asked me if he could have drowned, but that's not likely. I just wish we could have gotten him back in January when she originally said she was going to give him back.

Part of me feels like it's our fault. I know a huge part of it's our fault from letting him go in the first place. Neither of us wanted to find him a home, we were both so attached to him. I just wish I could go back in time and take it all back...

Rest in piece little man...

Once I write about something as depressing as that, it makes me sick to my stomach and not even want to write anymore. Ugh, sucks. 

I sewed up the majority of another Paisley set yesterday. Originally, we got 3 sets out of all that Paisley fleece. The set Tracy wanted (2 pouches, a bridge, 2 corner hammocks, a vine), a semi basic set (pouch, Glider Bucket, 2 corner hammocks, long hammock, vine) and a semi larger set (pouch, Glider Bucket, bridge, 2 corner hammocks, square hammock, vine). Well the one I sewed up yesterday, I intended on advertising on Facebook, which still hasn't happened. Then yesterday evening, I got an email from a girl asking if the set Tracy wanted was still available. I told her no, but I had two more like it. She was ecstatic and said she's take the larger set. So yay!

I love when sets get sold without having to advertise them. 

Oh yeah, we finally decided on names for our ratties. We're going to call them, Chelsea and Melissa! Isn't that adorable. Their personalities actually match the girls we named them after. All the ratties are getting along great and they all sleep in one big pile together, it's the cutest. 

Omg, I almost forgot! We were looking Melissa over last night and could have swore that she was pregnant! We didn't know if it was just because she was chubby, or if she was actually pregnant! She's ate non stop since we brought her home, so it could have been that. She's just a baby and way too young to be a mom. I just hope it's chub and nothing more. We'll know for sure in a couple weeks. *sigh*

Okay, I believe I'm done for now. I need to sew and, you guessed it... drink some coffee!!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Kira and her White Tip Tail joey:




The cage set I sewed, minus the Glider Bucket:


Creeper Bart, sub bathing on the car:



And lastly, little Sally in her Bucket:




No comments: