Welcome, Newbies!

LaVaughn and I met up with Stacie and Justin yesterday to pick up their gliders: Stitch, Button, & Charlie. We met them in Farmington - which is about an hour drive for both of us - so that they didn't have to come all the way down to the boonies, where we live. Of course, it wasn't just a drop and pick. We stayed for probably 30 minutes and chatted it up. We would have stayed long, but all of us wanted to make it home in time for The Walking Dead, so we kept talking to a minimum. Unfortunately, we didn't make it home in time anyway - we had to stop by the store - so we just caught the 10:00 rerun.

Stacie sent a rept (reptarium) for them to stay in for the next couple weeks. A lot of people used to use these as glider cages, but the way the company makes them now doesn't work at all for gliders anymore! The mesh is a lot thinner and frays really, really bad. That sucks too, considering repts are pretty cheap! The one Stacie has is an older one, so no worries there.

Anyway! What I was originally going to say... LaVaughn got the cage put up and together in under 5 minutes! The way Stacie made it sound, it was going to take forever, lol. She even got everything hung up - which was a bitch! The cage is nice and snug in the glider room, next to Cas.

I know I've been going on and on about sewing (which hasn't happened), but I did manage to get a set sewn up today. Minus the Glider Bucket, which LaVaughn does. Now we just need it to sell! I'm hoping to get the other 3 sets sold up later this week. Fingers crossed!

We've been really trying to work with Cas a lot lately. We get him out in the bonding pouch everyday, unless we have to go someplace. He's still crabby in the pouch, but does well outside of it. I think it's the peeking fingers that freak him out. He has taken a treat or two from our fingers without crabbing, so we are making progress!

Speaking of... we've been wanting to intro Cas and Violet SO bad, so we thought we would see what Tracy had to say about it. Believe it or not, she thought it would be okay to go ahead and introduce them! Since Violet and Chloe are living together, we thought we would let Cas meet her as well. Cas and Chloe didn't mind each other at all, but Cas and Violet were a different story!

Violet is so temperamental with other gliders. She hated Chloe for the first couple hours, but then it was like she had known her for years! She's so much like her mother. We tried introducing Violet and Chloe to Emma and Eliza I don't know how many times, but Violet wouldn't let up. I hope it's not that way with Cas. *sigh*

I got desperate today and decided to try the bathtub introduction method. I hated it... so did they. I don't really know what that's supposed to accomplish anyway. Since Cas could jump out of the bathtub, I spent the majority of this introduction chasing him around the bathroom. No fun. I guess we'll just have to keep trying.

On our way home last night, we stopped off at the good ole Dollar General and picked up some Easter eggs for the gliders. We filled them with treats and tossed them around the cages. Everyone immediately ran to them and started trying to gnaw their way inside. Unfortunately, no one was able to get them open. That's when I started to feel bad and went through and opened one egg in every cage. I'm soft.

Omg, I can't believe I haven't mentioned this! We might possibly be getting a leu joey from Annette! She has two new leu breeding pairs set up and both of the pairs' joeys are compatible with Chloe! Annette emailed me last night and said that it looks like both joeys are going to be leus. Now we just need to keep our fingers crossed for a boy! :D

I suppose I'm going to go for now. I have a long evening to prepare for tomorrow. LaVaughn and my auntie have a dentist appointment in Perryville tomorrow and I get to drive them. I'm not too upset, considering their appointment is on a Tuesday and the pet store is open on a Tuesday! Oh happy day!

Love & Peace

-Megan

The drive there and where we were parked:



Cas in the bonding pouch:




The ever beautiful and ever chubby, Stitch:



Treat filled Easter eggs:




Now the fun begins! Here are pictures of all the gliders trying to break into the eggs!





 Violet and Chloe were really double teaming the shit out of that egg!



 Cutest sugar glider in the world! Well, one of them.



 Old picture of Kira. So cute!

 There was a smiley face in the pepper! Ha!

Cute kitties:



Here's the cage set:


No comments: