Ducks and stuff...

Omg, we finally got our baby ducks today and they are BEYOND adorable! I seriously want to scream right now because they're so cute and so fucking awesome! Pardon my french, but holy shit they're cute! It's been years since we've had ducklings! Serafina and her siblings were over a month old when we got them and did NOT want anything to do with us. So yeah, you can understand my excitement.

Two of the little duckies hatched yesterday, so they're really little! The other little duck is about 4 or 5 days old, not 100% on that, though. I'll have to double check with the girl we got them from.

The girl that we got them from is seriously so awesome. You can tell that she loves her animals so much. She's messaged me a few different times asking how they're doing and stuff. She messaged me yesterday and let me know when the little ones hatched even. She's awesome. I definitely want to keep her updated on how they're doing.

I know I didn't mention it yesterday, but I had an interview today. Not going to say where, as I don't want to jinx myself. The interview went fairly well. The lady really seemed to listen to me. At the end of the interview, she said that she would be in touch with me in a week and if she didn't call me by late next week, to call her. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

On the way home from my interview, LaVaughn and I decided to stop at Save-A-Lot to do a little shopping. That place is seriously so sketchy. We only ever stop there when we want to check out produce for the gliders. Unfortunately, they didn't have anything good, but we did get an awesome deal on soda. $6.50 for a case! We loaded up on that awesomeness.

We got our mealworms in the mail today. We ordered 1000 more from this one guy on Ebay. He actually has really awesome worms for a really great price! We've been out for about a week, so we really needed them. My lovely auntie surprised us a couple days ago by dropping 100 mealies off that she picked up at the feed store. She HATES worms, so it was really brave of her to do that for us. I love her.

We have a pretty large cage set order coming our way. A girl is wanting 7 different cage sets in 7 different colors with 5 different items in each. Her theme is actually pretty cool. She's wanting all solid sets with one dark and one light. For example, dark pink and light pink, lol. I just think they'll all look neat!

Speaking of fleece, we also ordered 4 new yards of fleece from Joann.com. They're very, very pretty. Lets just hope that we get them all and none are out of stock! I hate when that happens.

Well, overall, today was a pretty good day. We got a massive discount at the store, our baby ducks arrived safe and sound, we got a rather large cage set order (new cage, here we come) and my interview went well! Definitely one for the books. For some reason, I like to think that some of this good fortune has to do with today being my gram's birthday. She would have been 92 today. I know that makes absolutely no sense, but I definitely think she played a small part in our happiness today. Love you, Gran!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Welsh Harlequin Duckling #1:




Welsh Harlequin Duckling #2:




The younger duckies, #1 and #2:






Welsh Harlequin Duck #3:













No comments: