One down, four to go...

Don't you just love when you have big intentions of doing something when you first wake up. Then, out of nowhere, those intentions slowly fade off into the distance. That's kind of what happened to me today. LaVaughn and I were making it our own personal mission to sew up all 5 cage sets today.

I told LaVaughn from the very beginning, "If at any point your machine starts screwing up, just say something." It's kind of odd, but if we have trouble right off the bat, we take that a sign that we're not supposed to sew that day. A couple different times, we would continue to sew anyway and regret it in the end. It seems like once your machine starts screwing up, or if you screw up on an item, the whole set end up being a piece of shit.

Anyway, the day started out well. We both got our machines out, fixed a delicious cup of coffee and began sewing. My machine had been oiled a couple days before, so I was running scrap fleece through it to make sure I didn't get any oil on the actual cage set. Right then, I noticed that the machine was groggy. It was really having to full the fleece through to get it to sew. Normally, my machine will pretty much dance the fabric through without me lifting a finger. 

This continued for about 10 minutes. I chalked it up to the fleece being to plushy and started sewing the cage set items. By the time I got done with a vine and half a corner hammock, I knew something was wrong. I continued to mess with the tension, sewing scrap fleece and wiping excess oil off. All the while cussing, screaming and kicking. Definitely not a pretty sight. After 20 minutes of re-threading, needle changing, foot tightening and anything else I could think of, I finally saw it... 

Even though I fixed my machine, I was still to aggravated to sew anymore. We finished up one cage set and then called it a day. We knock the rest out tomorrow.

By the time the sewing wrapped, it was time to put the chickens to bed. And I know I haven't mentioned this before, but the baby chicks have been moved down to the chicken house full time. They get free roam during the day, but must be caged up at night so that they don't get stepped on. This is only their second day out, so everything is still new to them.

When I got to the gate, everyone came running up to me. I shouted up to LaVaughn to bring some bread. Boy were they happy to see that! They ran around and ate and just had a blast with us in there. I got several photos and a 4 minute long video so I don't think any further talking is required.

I got some pictures of Cas last night playing around in his cage. They nothing special, so don't get too excited. I had left the camera in the car, so when I brought it in the house to take pictures, it kept fogging up. Not fun! Anyway, this pictures are super adorable, just not the best. 

Love & Peace

-Megan

The baby chicks:








"Hey pal, I'm talking to you!"





"I see you."



Now for Castiel:




Is that not the sweetest, most precious face in the world!?!

Check out that white tip tail!


Here's the cage set:


And now for the adorable chicken video:

No comments: