As long as it's layered...

As I'm sure you all know by now, I live out in the middle of nowhere. The boonies! Living in a small town does have its perks, but it also has downsides. Like, for example, not having a decent hairdresser to go to. Of course, there are little shops all over the place, but when they charge $5-$10 a haircut, you get what you pay for. That's probably because 9 out of 10 of the hairdressers around her didn't graduate or even attend beauty school -- I'll have to fill you in on some horror stories at a later time -- so why pay for something that LaVaughn can do for free and better!

Anyway, my hair was starting to resemble that of Annie Wilkes from Misery. You remember  the shoulder length bob that she sports around through the entire film. Well, when I would be in a bad mood or pissed about something, I'd stomp around in an angrily fashion yelling a few obseneties. That's when LaVaughn would spout out, "What are you doing, Annie Wilkes!?" So yeah, I needed a haircut!

I told her that I just wanted the dead hair cut off with a few layers. About 15 minutes into the trim job, I thought it would be a good idea to remind her that I didn't want it cut short, just layered! She assured me that it wasn't short. There were a few times during the procedure that I hear a LOT of hair being cut. When I felt the scissors touch the back of my neck, I knew I was screwed.

When she finished and dusted all the hair off of me, I walked to the mirror in a very hesitant manor. I was terrified to see how short it actually was. Part of me just wanted to thank her and walk away without even seeing what I looked like. I swallowed my pride and decided to look anyway. While it wasn't as short as I thought it would be, it definitely wasn't long! It was nowhere near as long as I wanted it to be.

It looks so, so much better, I just wish there was enough to pull back. At least I don't resemble a crazed nurse anymore! Thanks for that, LaVaughn!

Hair wasn't the only thing that was cut today, we also managed to cut two cage sets today. We only have 5 to go, woohoo! I seriously hate the cutting stiles of Fabric.com. I know a half yard isn't a lot, but I know it's more than what we got! I'm terrified to try and cut the fuchsia set!!

We're not going to have Easter dinner on Easter day this year. Since we pretty much always have holiday dinners with my aunt, we do it on whatever day is convenient to her. This time, Saturday is convenient. Her hubby will be in that day and can actually enjoy eating. He has to leave pretty early Sunday, so he wouldn't get to enjoy a meal if he's rushing. So yeah, that's that.

Now time to talk glider! This is probably one of the most exciting things I'll have to talk about today. Are you ready? Cas and Violet are sleeping in the same pouch now!! I couldn't be MORE stoked about that! They just look so cute together too. It wont be long until we're have tiny little beauties from them. Can't wait!

Kira and Logan's newly OOP joeys really are lookers. Especially Simba! That boy is going to have a wicked tail. Next to the band at the base of his tail is already starting to powder out. It's going to look awesome when it fluffs out. I guess I'll go ahead and break the news... we're keeping him! Ugh, not really, but 98.9% of me wants to.

I've been talking to Annette a lot lately and she's been telling me that she's going to get pictures of our new leu boy this week. Well, she did! And oh boy, is he a cutie! She sent 7 pictures of him and I'm already in love. She's named him Dustin for the time being. I'm so not a fan of that name, so he'll have a new one by the time he gets here. We've actually already picked a few out.

Okay, I think that's all for now. Time to prepare for cage cleaning!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here's our future LEU boy!!









Cute little Chloe:

Horribly blurry, but terribly cute.



Mr. Castiel



Zoe & Una





Some random, but very pretty pictures of Bart:




Cat eyes!



Sleepy boy.



 More cat eyes!

 Pretty cat face.



No comments: