Facebook groups will be the death of me!

I was browsing around on one of my favorite Facebook groups a couple days ago, Bates County Farm and Garden, for some baby ducklings that I could call my own. I looked for hours, to no avail, when I saw a link someone had posted to yet another Facebook group! This one, called Southeast Missouri Farm Birds, Game Birds & Rabbits: Buy, Sell, Trade, automatically caught my eye because, well, because I saw Southeast Missouri and farm Birds in the same sentence, lol.

Of course, I joined and automatically posted that I was in desperate search of baby ducks. Well, I didn't add the desperate part, but that's the way I felt on the inside. The very first comment was some snot nosed twat saying, "I have two ducklings, but don't want to part with them. Sorry!" so yeah. I didn't want the bitches ducks anyway! After that, a few people chimed in and said they had this, that or would have something in a couple weeks. Of course, I responded by asking prices, locations and breeds!

Then came Lanette... precious, precious Lanette. She began to tell me that she had a few ducklings hatched out and would be hatching more out in a couple days. At the end of her description, she added that they were... WELSH HARLEQUINS!! Welshies are only my favorite duck in the entire world. Saxony are a close second, but I adore the Welsh Harlequins. I responded -- all the while trying to contain my excitement -- and asked where she was located. My jaw dropped when she said she was from Perryville! She followed with a, "You probably don't want to travel that far for ducklings, though." boy was she wrong! As fate would have it, my aunt was due for a dentists appointment in Perryville this Thursday!

After I calmed down from all the excitement, I asked her to email me so that we could go more in depth about pick ups and so on. I emailed her and explained that my aunt would be in her neck of the woods in a couple days and asked if she could get them for me. After all was said and done, I ended up asked her if my aunt could just call her. She said yes and talked to my aunt a little while ago. So, it's official... we're getting baby ducks TOMORROW!!

Okay, I need to calm myself!

We tried the whole "bathtub intro" with Cas and Violet yesterday. We cleaned the bathtub out, pulled the curtain up and dried up any remaining water. We then proceeded to put one drop of vanilla extract on the backs of their necks and put them in the tub. At first, Violet was freaked and chased him. Then, for no apparent reason, she just stopped! That's when I started scooting Cas up closer and closer to her. Unfortunately, as soon as he would see her, he'd take off. Usually crabby, but not always.

So now, Violet is okay with Cas, but Can is completely scarred from all the times she chased him. *sigh* Now I have no idea what to do. I guess we'll keep trying this method - since it's the only thing that seems to be working - and hope that he gets less freaked by her.

Kira is letting us see more and more of those gorgeous joeys she has tucked away! The little girl with the white tip appears to have a really awesome hood! It's a stripe that goes all the way across her head. Definitely going to be a looker! The other little joey - who I originally thought was a girl, now not sure - with the larger white tip has a nice band at this base of his/her tail. This little one also has a small white splotch on the back of his/her head. These are going to be some pretty, pretty joeys! Their new mommy is getting SO excited about their upcoming OOP date.

We managed to get all the gliders' nails trimmed today. Believe it or not, it actually went very smoothly and quickly. Even Stacie's gliders! If you add that up, that's 10 gliders and 180 nails! Wowza!!

While we were trimming Kira and Logan's nails, we heard faint singing that got progressively louder. Since we were holding Kira, we knew it wasn't her. It was Sadie! Her joey is so tiny, I can't believe she was already singing to it! Blows my mind, seriously. Especially since sugar gliders don't normally sing to their joeys until they're a couple weeks from being OOP and after. She's a weirdo.

Okay, I'm going to end my short novel there.

Love & Peace

-Megan

Violet & Chloe








Cas






 He was not happy with his nail trim, lol.


Prettiest True Platinum Mosaic sugar glider ever!!

No comments: