The brighter side of things...

LaVaughn made a makeshift light box last night so that we could take some photos of the joeys. Even with limited resources, the light box still turned out to be effective. She's going to make a *proper* one in a couple days, but this will do fine for now. I still need to get in touch with my aunt about borrowing her clamp light. That will really make the photos turn out bright!

Even without a light hanging over the box or on the sides, the white walls, back, and bottom still made the photo turn out brighter. The flash reflects the bright white and makes the color of the joeys really pop! Within 15 minutes, I think I had taken 60+ pictures. Maybe this light box isn't a good idea, lol.

The fleece that I ordered from Fabric.com came today. We had 14 half yards total. Most of them seem to be a proper half, but the fuchsia was completely pitiful! We got maybe 2/3 of a half yard. It was completely pathetic! I definitely prefer Joann.com over them. The only plus to Fabric.com is that you can order half yards and get really awesome discounts and shipping deals.

In rattie news... Sally and Emilie seem to be making some improvements with Melissa. They shared food -- with no fighting -- and even slept together for a while. I so badly want to leave her in with them, but I'm afraid that they'll be mean to her when we're not watching. I'd also feel bad leaving Chelsea alone.

Melissa is a complete angel! She loves us and loves to be out on us. Chelsea is a completely different story! She's still terrified of us! She's super skittish and scared of everything. She's not aggressive or nippy, we have no problems holding her or loving on her, even if it is against her will. Sigh... I just wish they could all live together already.

We've been  introducing the ducklings to water little by little. I so badly want to fill the bathtub up and just drop them in it, but I know that would be bad. They need to feather up before they can be in a large body of water. Until then, they get an ashtray full. I think they're okay with that.

Alright, I believe that's all for now.

Love & Peace

-Megan

The fleece from Fabric.com:


The Welsh Harlequin ducklings:











Random pictures of the cats:








And lastly, the sugar glider joeys:






























And now for a duckling video:

No comments: