It's official... we're banned!!

My aunt and LaVaughn had a dentist appointment yesterday in Perryville. As I sad a couple days ago, I'm the lucky duck that got to drive them. The appointment was for 4:00 yesterday evening and we ended up leaving at 1:40. Way too early! For some reason, they want to leave early so that they're not late. No matter how many times I say, "We don't need to leave until at least 2 or a little after, they're both like, "Well I'd rather be early than late." *sigh*

Well we left early and ended up getting to Perryvile with 50 minutes to spare. There was no sense in going to the dentist's office that early because they will never get you in early. So I said to them, "Would you guys like to go ahead and go to the pet store?" with no hesitation from LaVaughn, she shouted, "Yes!" My aunt was sighed and shrugged her shoulders. So to the pet store we went!

My aunt decided to set in the car, because she was being a little toad, lol. As soon as LaVaughn and I walked in, we went straight for the rats... go figure. I looked around in the small rat cage and noticed a stunning face right off the bat! The girl that works there is really easy going, so I had no problems opening the door myself to hold the rats. I stretched my arm all the way to the back of the cage and picked the pretty little thing up. She was very skittish and tried several times to jump out of my hand. I held her long enough to see that she was a girl, then put her back in her cage.

LaVaughn and I gazed over at each other, both running the same thought through our minds. Still failing to say anything, though.

I looked over at the other cage, which housed medium sized rats. I still kills me that they put them in groups of: small, medium and large. They should be separating the males from the females! Anyways, the medium sized rat cage was fool of black and brown hooded, capped and variegated rats. I opened that door as well to see if anyone stood out. For some reason, I reach my hand in and picked a little one up. To my surprise, another girl! I stood and held for a while and then put her on my shoulder. She crawled down in my shirt and then back up to my shoulder. LaVaughn put the remaining medium sized rats up and closed the door. 

I told her I still had one out on me, and handed her over to her. She held her and loved on her, all the while never evening considering putting her back in the cage. That's when she looked at me, "So, are we getting this one and the other one?" As I let out a sigh, I said, "Yes." I reach back in the other cage and pulled the other little girl out and held her in my hands the rest of the time. 

There were two different creamy colored rats that were BEAUTIFUL! Unfortunately, they were both really wild, so they were out of the question. Still, they were pretty!

In the large cage, there was only one male rat. Not just any rat, a Siamese rat! That's LaVaughn's dream rat, actually. It really sucked that he was a boy. I actually just called the pet store and asked about him not 5 minutes ago. I asked if he was friendly or aggressive. Her response, "Someone actually bought him as snake food today and are coming to pick him up later. But yes, he's very aggressive." I just replied with an okay and then hung the phone up.

Now I'm sad, depressed, and really regretting not buying him yesterday. Why must people feed poor little defenseless rats to snakes? It makes me sick to think about. Especially when I think about how 90% of those adorable little rats will become snake food one day. I wish I could buy them all and give them the life I know they'll never have...

Okay, I can not think about this all day! It's making me sick!

While we were in Perryville yesterday, I actually got to see my mom! It was so nice to actually get to talk with her for a while and see her in person. She looks about the same and still has awesome stories to tell. I'm serious man, she is so comical in the way she tells her stories! I wish we lived closer. I don't wish I lived closer to Perryville -- I hate that place anymore -- I wished she lived closer to us! Hopefully we'll get to see more of each other this year.

We introduced the new ratties to Sally and Emilie last night and they loved each other! I'm serious, it was like instant success. They're so not like gliders, lol. They all slept together last night and everything. 

The new girls are a tad smaller than Sally and Emilie. Our older girls are 3 1/2 month old, while these two are probably 6 weeks old. The size difference isn't huge, though.

We haven't thought of good names yet. We considered Katia and Isabelle (Kate and Is), but those names aren't sticking. I think I'd like to stick with the Time Burton theme and name them after one of the characters in one of his movies.

So yes, we are absolutely, 100% banned from entering any pet store! Especially if they have rats!! Okay, I need to fix some coffee and sew! 

Love & Peace

-Megan

Without further adieu, here are our new girls:




Here's our darker little girl (still not sure on color):

 Such a teddy bear faced rat.


Here's our lighter girl (again, still not sure on color):


Beautiful grey rat mask!

A few random pictures from yesterday:


 Beautiful treeline!


And lastly, a couple picture of our newbies from last night in the bathroom:





No comments: