Tip of the day...

Everyday around 2PM, I like to check on Kira and her joeys, just in case there would be an extra little body part or two hanging out. As I pulled the pouch out, I noticed a little tail with what appeared to be a large, white area. As I very gingerly pulled the little tail up -- all the while keeping Kira preoccupied with yoggies -- I noticed that it was the tiny white tip joey's tail. This confused me a great deal, considering I could have swore that I saw a larger white chunk. As I looked a little close, I saw that not one, but BOTH joey tails were hanging out!!

And my conclusions were right... we have a tiny white tip and a very large white tip!! Ahh, I'm so excited!!

In other, equally exciting news, my aunt got us 6 new chicks today! They're around the same size as our other chicks, so they can go straight to the chicken house. She got 3 Rhode Island Reds and 3 Leghorns. They are SO beautiful and all pullets!! The white chicks remind me of doves for some reason. They actually look nothing like them, so I don't get why I see that.

In glider news... LaVaughn and I got all of Stacie's gliders out today, fed them mealworms, took their picture and even recorded a short video, per Stacie's request. They're all so cute and really love mealies! Button nearly took my finger when she dropped her worm. Apparently the tips of my gingers and tiny, squirmy and worm like.

Omg, I almost forgot about this! All of our rats got on famously the first few days, now everyone is spatting and fighting! The newbies stay balled up in the corner and Emilie and Sally act like they run the place. I mean, I know it was theirs first, but they're being total bullies! The fighting went on all day and night, we finally just had to separate them. We have the new girls in a smaller cage in another room. I freaking hate that they're fighting like this! Sucks balls. Now we're going to have to try to slowly introduce them. *sigh*

Okay, I'm out for now.

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here's Kira's second white tip sugar glider joey!!







Our new Rhode Island Red and White Leghorn chicks!







Here's Charlie! Long time no see, eh? :)




Here's Button! Isn't she a doll? :)




And lastly, beautiful Miss Stitch! :)




No comments: