Cape Girardeau, it's been fun...

Well today was the day we had to take our aunt to Cape Girardeau to see her surgeon. Unfortunately, her back is in pretty bad shape and she will have to have surgery. Yeah... not cool. On the bright side, she really likes him and he seems to know what he's doing. You would hope so anyways, considering that's kind of what he does.

He must be exceptional at what he does, cause that place was packed! And I'm not talking small doctors office packed, this was a huge neurosurgeon building with seating for 100+ people. I'd say it was 85% full, so you can just imagine how many people were there. I don't do good with large crowds, so I wasn't enjoying myself in the least.

Luckily, LaVaughn and I didn't have to stay long. Since we were in Cape -- a once in a lifetime deal -- we decided to go ahead and meet up with the lady that has all the duck breeds that I want. She was pretty considerate and offered to meet us at Walmart, which was right down the road from us, so it worked out.

We got there about 25 minutes early, so we just sat and watched people in their strange ways. Jim Morrison had it right, people are strange! The one that topped it was the "pimp" that drive past in an old Cadillac with 25" rims. Priceless!

The duck lady arrived not long after and delivered our ducks to us. I hate how she handled them, she was so rough! You'd think, being the duck breeder that she is, she wouldn't grab them by their necks/tails/and whatever else she could get. She was elderly, so I didn't say anything.

So now we have 6 new additions to the duck brood. We left with 2 Saxony, 2 Welsh Harlequins, and 2 Black Indian Runners. I already love them so much. Minus their smell, that I could live without.

We arrived back at the doctors office not too long before my aunt came walking out. We grabbed a bite from Steak N' Shake and headed home, where we are now. I'm extremely exhausted from our drive, so I believe I'm going to call it a night. On the computer, anyways. ;) Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

The drive there, always interesting...




My new duckies!!! I love them so much already...






No comments: