No pets allowed!!

What a day, what a day! I kid you not, it has been one long and stressful day. Yesterday evening after I made the neuter appointments (for around 4 PM), I got a call from the secretary at the vets office asking if we could come a little earlier, around 3 or 3:30. I called back today a little after noon and said yes. Since LaVaughn and myself both got up fairly early, we were able to shower and leave the house just after one.

We get there at almost 2:30 on the dot and get seated. Not 10 minutes later we were told that they were able to find a 3:00 and that it would probably be closer to 3:30 before they could get to us. We weren't really in any rush, so it wasn't a big deal. When 3:45 rolled around and we STILL hadn't got called back, it started to be considered a big deal.

Since we love out vet so much, we didn't make a big deal out of it.

Neal got taken back at about 4:10, then Declan not 20 minutes later. Neal was being SO uncooperative and would not relent when it came to cleaning himself. He was mostly just trying to get all the gunk off from the operation, but it wasn't helping my nerves at all! I was breaking out in a thick sweat with worry, nothing was helping to calm me. Things were made worse when she got done with Declan. Just when I thought he was going to be good, he started doing the same thing, just not as aggressive.

By the time we got to Barefoot Village (fireworks place) the boys had calmed down... some. I had no intention on leaving them in the car, so I grabbed the pouch and headed inside. Right there on the front door in big bold letters read, "NO PETS ALLOWED!" Pretty much just like that, so back to the car I went. I don't think I've ever seen us firework shop so fast. We were both so worried about them, though. Luckily they were perfectly fine when we returned to the car.

After that is was off to the store to stock up on chips, soda, meat, and a few other BBQ necessities. The boys had calmed down significantly by then and were starting to go to sleep, which was a huge relief. After that we grabbed a bite to eat and headed home.

We already have a couple guest at the house that are planing on staying the weekend with us, so the festivities have already started in a way, haha. Oh what merriment will be had tomorrow!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are the boys before we left the house:







And Ms. Fiona in LaVaughn's bra:


No comments: