Yesterday's happenings and the iron throne...

Yesterday seems like a dream, now that I think of it. We got woke up before 10 due to the guy putting a new roof on the house. I know, fun stuff! He only staying until 9 or so today, so I was able to sleep until noon. I fear the same thing will happen tomorrow, like clockwork I will be awoken to the sounds of thudding and hammering.

LaVaughn and I decided to make our day even weirder by going swimming just after 1 PM yesterday. Of all damn days, someone was at our new favorite watering hole, Mine Fort. Since we hadn't got a chance to try one of the most popular digs in town, we decided to give Posten (or is it spelled Postin?) a try. To our surprise, not a soul was there! Mindy was right, that place is swift! She was also right about how clear it was, so that made it okay.

It was midday, so we both agreed to SPF 50 sunblock. Sun rays are something I cannot, and will not play around with. After we basically painted our faces white, we decided to go for a dip. We got to swim in solace for nearly 30 minutes before a family of 4 pulled up. The nerve of people anymore, I tell you! They set up camp literally RIGHT on top of our stuff! We had our shoes, sunblock, and car keys sitting right there on the bank in plain sight! Did that stop them from piling their things on top of them? Of course not! The lady nearly had her chair on top of them. It was so rude.

We stayed for maybe 15 more minutes before we decided to call it a day.

When we got home, we fixed yet another cup of coffee and sat down for a little afternoon TV -- which is super creepy, by the way. We both contemplated the idea of going to town to get something to eat, but decided against it, due to the fact that it was only 3.

The thought of going to Poplar Bluff crossed my mind, but I wasn't exactly sure just how I felt about the long venture. I decided to go ahead and pitch the idea to LaVaughn, and she happily obliged. We showered after we got home from swimming, so there wasn't much "dressing up" to do.

We left just after 4 PM and made it to Pets R Us about an hour or so later.

As soon as we walked in, I heard kids remarking about how ugly something was. Then I heard another mumble "hairless rat". It took me less than 15 seconds to make it over to the cage they had them in. And there they were, 4 gorgeous little hairless boy ratties. I asked the lady if we could hold them, luckily she said yes.

I tested the water before I picked them up, but of course they were sweet as pie. They didn't really look older than 6 months, so they were all still babies. Everyone gathered around in amazement as I gushed and cooed about them -- all the while LaVaughn was doing the same. The thought of adopting all 4 crossed our  minds, but neither of us were keen on the idea of spending $40 on 4 rats that we didn't need, but we couldn't help but think about it. I feel so sorry for rats, they're one of the most misunderstood animals out there.

The store lady took us in the back to where she had her "breeding tanks" set up, if you could call them that. There were quite a few little babies, all of which I wanted to take home. She was showing us her other hairless rats in hopes of finding us a female, which she had 2 of. We still decided against it and went on our way. The smell in that place was enough to drive someone loopy! LaVaughn practically sneezed her way to the next store.

I can't fail to mention the phantom little boy that kept showing up out of nowhere and talking to us. Mainly to LaVaughn, but she's a kid magnet, which is funny because she doesn't really like kids.

Petsway smelled about the same, which was a shock considering they normally smell semi-decent. There was absolutely nothing new in there, other than a couple new and over-priced parrots. Oh, lets not forget the poor flying squirrel they had captured. We ended up leaving with a new crock dish and chew treats for the rats.

After our pet store fiascoes, we decided to go to Hastings, a place has haven't ventured to in such a long time. We found SO, SO much Walking Dead stuff, I was about to die. Almost all of it was overpriced, so not much made it home with us. We did, however, find two of the COOLEST Walking Dead mugs I've ever seen in my entire life! It didn't hurt that there were only two, so it was kind of like fate in a way.

LaVaughn also found me an awesome lanyard for work. It says -- I Love Daryl -- which I do, so it was cool. It also has 3 ears (refer to season 2 of The Walking Dead) hanging at the bottom. Those are sure to please at work. Like I was telling her, I'm going to be the most popular one there, lol.

We also found Zombie Diaries 2, which is a movie we've been looking for since 2011, so that was an awesome find. We also found the Veronica Mars movie, another good find. All in all it was a successful day. I wish we could have gotten more Walking Dead stuff, but I didn't really feel comfortable paying $17 for a pair of socks.

Of course, we didn't leave without getting a bite to eat. Since neither of us have ate at Steak & Shake before, we decided to give that a go. They have really, really awesome burgers, I highly suggest. And they're easy on the wallet, so it's a win win.

We didn't do much when we got home, I mainly just fretted about silly things, like the roofer coming today (and the rest of the week). Not to mention, I've been obsessing about taking the dogs (we're taking aunties dog as well) to the groomer tomorrow. It's always something. I have no plans for today, so there wont be any blogging later tonight. Not that I ever blog more than once a day, so I don't really know why I said that.

We did get the first 3 seasons of Game of Thrones on DVD today -- yay!! We also got season 11 of Degrassi, so I think we have plenty to occupy our time. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Pictures from Pets-R-Us:









These are the little hairless rattie boys that we held:




Okay, $49.99...


For this:

Um, what makes this guy SO special? Oh, did I mention that it was on sale?

Pictures from Petsway:

This is a funny sign.



I wanted SO many of these mice.




Such a beautiful boy!





Oh the memories.



Yes, they had a flying squirrel. *eye roll*






The drive home:






My awesome 'I Love Daryl' Walking Dead lanyard.

One of our awesome 'Fight the dead fear the living.' Walking Dead mugs.

Game of Thrones on DVD!

Some adorable pictures of Violet with her bracelets:





The trio, or, 'the triplets' as we like to call them:


Random pictures of Boone:





Hilarious pictures of Fiona hiding, yes hiding, in her corner hammock:





No comments: