When you're sick, you're sick...

Apparently my 'acid reflux' was the onset of something worse, much worse. When I woke up Saturday, I had a terrible sore throat. I mean, not something that was completely incapacitating, but it was hard to swallow and even harder to talk. You can imagine how exciting work was sounding.

I didn't let that stop me -- oh no, the people of McDonald's must get their sweet tea fix. I think Ironton would declare Martial Law if they didn't! Needless to say I was miserable all day. Within 15 minutes of being there I was ready to leave. I even went so far as to ask if I would get sent home early if I was contagious, which I most definitely was! Did they care? Absolutely not! They are honestly so negligent when it comes to their co-workers. One girl, one girl out of the entire store felt my pain. If only she was in the boss' position.

I ended up making it all day, even worked 30 minutes over my 9 hour shift. I was so freaking dead when I left, I kid you not. There were sever times on my 35 minute drive home that I wanted to close my eyes and take a nap.

I also told them before I left that there was a good chance I wouldn't be there the next day (Sunday). You wanna know what they said, "Oh, well be sure to bring a doctors note or you'll get wrote up." Really, you couldn't tell that I was fucking sick enough, now I'm going to have to wast time and money going to the hospital where they'll do absolutely nothing for me? Fucking dickheads.

You know what I did yesterday? I went to the fucking hospital and got a doctors note. Not only was it good for yesterday, but it's good for tomorrow as well. It's a good thing too, I feel even worse today. My sore throat is gone, but it was gone for the most part yesterday. I had this horrible congested feeling yesterday that sat just behind my nose/throat area. Today, my nose is fighting itself as to which side wants to stay stopped up. On top of that, I'm starting to feel some congestion in my chest. Yay me!

The doctor (who was actually a nurse practitioner and completely crazy, but in a fun way) said that it was probably going to be a 10-12 day viral thing that would be worse in the middle, which I'm starting on now. I just love being sick.

Now let me backtrack to Saturday night. LaVaughn messaged me later in the evening and told me that one of our ducks was said. She said she thought it was Tyrion, but she couldn't really tell, considering Tyrion has a white ring on his neck -- which was basically missing on the duck. Upon further investigation yesterday evening, I found out that it was none other than, Robb. FUCKING FIGURES!!!! Not that I wanted any of them to die, but why it is always the sweetest and friendliest of the animals? I fucking hate it, I fucking hate raccoons.

What gets me is that the raccoon had to kill him between 2-7 in the evening. Really? Since when to raccoons attack and kill in the middle of the day? I've never been big on killing raccoons and always relied on my aunt to do it, but I almost guarantee that I could shoot that thing.

Things got a little better Saturday night, Robb's death and my cold aside. When I was in the bathroom, LaVaughn was taunting me about missing work and was all, "You'll probably really want to stay home when you see this!" That's when she pulled a PLAYSTATION 4 and WATCH DOGS around the side of the door!! I was about to freak out!! I wanted to be so much more excited and jump up and down shouting the entire time, but was unable to due to my throat.

I suppose you can't have good without bad. Not fair, is it?

Watch Dogs is awesome. I played for a little while Saturday night, then a little more last night, which was a tad more enjoyable. I found an 'Like New' copy of Need For Speed: Rivals for PS4 on ebay last night that was only at $29, so I bid on it last minute and ended up winning it for $31.01. And since I had a $20 coupon for any ebay purchase, I ended up only dishing out $13.51 for the game!

I got that $20 coupon last month when I listed and sold something within a certain time frame. That happened back in December as well. I think it was $30, though. I LOVE when ebay does things like that -- I wish it was a regular thing.

I can't fail to mention the awesome lime green and black Biohazard PS4 skin that I bought on ebay last night. I know, I'm obsessed with ebay. The PS4 is so slick and black, you can see every single smudge and every single scratch, a cover is needed. I seriously can't wait to get it.

Well I feel like crap now, which is soon to get worse, considering I'm only on like day 4. I'm hoping I peak today or tomorrow, then start getting better.

Love & Peace

-Megan

Our beautiful new Playstation 4 and Watch Dogs:




A couple random pictures of Toby from yesterday:


He's so freaking cute!

No comments: