It's just not fair...

I regret to inform everyone that Chloe's little leu boy passed away at 2:30 this morning. She didn't have him in her pouch or even near her yesterday evening before I went to work, so LaVaughn and I took him and gave him a little booster milk. I lapped it up like it was the best thing on earth!

Thankfully, my aunt was in town yesterday afternoon and was able to pick up some puppy milk replacer for us -- which was a big hit with him, I might add. I had to leave for work at 2, but LaVaughn kept me updated all evening yesterday.

I had such high hopes for him, LaVaughn fed him all evening and was even able to stimulate him. I think he pooped 2 or 3 times. Things were looking up! By the time I got home he made a turn for the worse. He stopped eating and started turning purple. This, as I'm sure you all know, isn't a good sign.

I kept him pressed up against my chest under my shirt up until a couple seconds before he passed. LaVaughn wanted to hold him one last time before he slipped away, so she did. We cried for the next hour it seemed before we finally calmed ourselves. It was like history repeating. I still remember how it felt to lose David. I remember how he looked and how he gasped for the very last time.

This little guy, who we're calling Nero, went in his sleep, peacefully.

I know I never really knew him, but I miss him terribly...

-Megan

I didn't intend on sharing these, but here are two pictures of little Nero from yesterday:



And for those who are interested, another glimpse at Kira's joeys:






No comments: